Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

need help with clod

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 05:02 AM
e-zilla man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with clod

hey guys i thought i wa sgetting a good deal for a clod for $429 over here in aus and some guy just said make a chassis and buy some axals wheels and so on but im only 13 so could people help me like tell me what to do and some pics would be great thank you im not looking for a insane crawler i want it fast for jumps but an ok crawler as well thanx
Old 11-23-2005, 05:00 PM
oldshoolclod

Default RE: need help with clod

Right. First things first. What HAVE you got? what don't you have?? If you want a crawler then you need some axles of some sort. The clodbuster ones are pretty popular. Then either make your own chssis or buy one. Loads of different ones available on the net

a few sites you might want to visit;
http://www.clodparts.com/
http://www.cool.per.sg/bloodclod/crawler/index.html
http://www.beatyourtruck.com/rides-MT.html

This will give you a good start. Don't despair, there are kids your age with no money who built some impressive rigs, so you don't really need money, just the right resources!!

Anyway, here's my crawler(on e-bay now....[&o])
Good luck and let us know if you need to know any more!!!

ps. try punctuations in your posts, it is amazing how well that actually works!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57722.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	359289   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg18111.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	359290   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty65164.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	359291  
Old 11-23-2005, 05:08 PM
oldshoolclod

one more thing. Crawlers aren't fast, it's in the name!!!! they CRAWL!!! they are not built for speed but have loads of torque . If you want to do jumps and race or bash about, you might want to reconsider getting a crawler, because if speed is what you are after, then don't bother getting a crawler. I will pobably get flamed for this but that is my view on it
Just my 2 cents..............
Old 11-24-2005, 02:41 AM
e-zilla man

it is just i dont realy need it to be an insane one i want it a bit capable of crawling but i want a fun basher as well. this is why i wanted the super clod it has (4ws) and is a best of a thing. and is capable of speeds and crawling so i want to mix the two together if posible would you know how thanx for the pics and links by the way how much you want for your crawler. it is domently clod hey thanx againg post back if possible.

there you go some punctuation
Old 11-24-2005, 03:07 PM
oldshoolclod

you could use someting other than the stock motors, maybe a type of racing motor, but you will have to gear it right.
Sorry i don't want to send/sell abroad so unfortunately it is only for sale to people in the UK.[:@]

Well done on the punctuatION!!!(note the singular...!) now try a few more!!!!