Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

new around here

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 12:36 PM
bl13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new around here

hey folks just bought my first rc crawler the E maxx, what i'm wanting to know is how to make this thing bad*****..Don't really care about speed but crawlablity so any help would be great!! thanks Brad
Old 01-07-2006, 07:52 PM
laserman2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: new around here

to get good crawling performance gear down as much as possable that you can the more you can gear down ie smaller spur gear
Old 01-07-2006, 08:22 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned
My Feedback: (7)

emaxx isnt a crawler buddy, it might do ok but ti will never never perform very good on the rocks unless youa re willing to do some serious chassis changes,

you see the emaxx suspension is an a arm on each side, very bad for crawling cause your travel is limited by your axles and the end of the arm, for a good crawler you need a solid axle chasis truck, and you take those axles and put them on a crawler chasis, the solid axle suspension set up allows maximuim travel,

another thing is you need your differentials locked which i have never odne on an emaxx, in stock form these cars come with slipper diffs allowing you a better turn response at high sped and it protecct the your gears and transmission from any damage, sicne your not at all intrested in speed which is good because in crawling you dont go very fast you should lock them up,

so you should have come to this site or another site and asked us what to get to make a capabple crawler, the emaxx can be converted to solid axle but its a weird thing man, ive seen some awesome emaxx crawler but it took alot to get them there
Old 01-08-2006, 08:56 AM
bl13

didnt know i was going to get my rc bashed . i was wanting to know how i could make a good week-end crawler out of whats avalible for the emaxx. jkrustchinsky thanks for your info buddy. anymore replies would be great on how to help the truck, but nothing about how sorry it is cause that was covered.

thanks brad
Old 01-08-2006, 01:17 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned

the emaxx isnt a bad truck its just not a good crawler, ill try to find the emaxx crawler kits,
Old 01-08-2006, 01:23 PM
bl13

thanks! also where is a great place to buy perts and upgrades for the truck? a good website?
Old 01-08-2006, 01:39 PM
jkrustchinsky
Banned

currently all the aluminum and everything for the best price is at towerhobbies.com

and for the crawling kit go to http://www.rcrockgear.com/ and click on max sas, its an awesome kit and like i said its gonna be alittle more work and maybe a little fabrication to make the emaxx a crawler but they are awesome crawlers when they are done right,

this kit turns those front a arms in to one long solid axle and the arms can still flex while they are in this axle, orcrc.com has some videos of the maxx crawlers