Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

2.2 Clod crawler vid

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 04:13 PM
nickrummy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.2 Clod crawler vid

Thought I would post up my first edited video. I have a LONG ways to go to get to some of the quality I have seen out there but I was interested in getting some feedback on how to make it better. Thanks!

http://www.zshare.net/video/untitled-wmv-vw8.html
Old 01-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: 2.2 Clod crawler vid

thats a very nice capable truck if you ask me, long vid, not boring at all though, shows alot of the capability of the truck, id say awesome, hope my tlt 2.2 will crawl like that when i get it built...
Old 01-24-2006, 09:31 PM
shortbusjeep

looked good. took a long time to download and was way to glitchy on the site but not your fault
Old 01-24-2006, 11:52 PM
Anomie

I agree about the glitchy site, but once I had the whole video downloaded it looked great. That truck crawls well, and looks sweet too! I certainly hope mine will crawl even half as well when it's done.

Nice job!
Old 01-25-2006, 11:55 AM
f150dan
My Feedback: (18)

What chassis and other mods did you do? I am trying to decide between a TLT or a Clod.

I am wanting a 2.2 crawler just like that mang. I'm still a newb to crawling but I'll have one very soon.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:52 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

i am also new to crawling but not building and fabricating things and i bought a tlt(80 bucks) and the parts to make it right for crawling, the first things are a stampede transmission and t-maxx turnbuckles for suspension links. and 2.2 wheels are a bolt on if you order standard hexs for the axles, also then with the stampede trans you can run the traxxas slider driveshafts which is real nice...
Old 01-25-2006, 08:47 PM
nickrummy

Other than buying electronics and the axles I built everything else. I designed the truck in CAD and went from there. I'm still running my prototype version chassis which is clear acrylic. I'm making a new chassis out of polycarbonate which should be done soon. Links are made from 1/4" aluminum rod that was drilled and tapped for 6-32 set screws and then traxxas rod ends were attached to make the links.

Here's a build up thread on it.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21855