Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

so whats the point of the kyosho blizzard?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

so whats the point of the kyosho blizzard?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 10:45 PM
fredbobjoe
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so whats the point of the kyosho blizzard?

is it a crawler? does it go fast? why did kyosho make a sno-cat into a nitro rc car?
Old 04-27-2006, 03:05 PM
tomas13

Default RE: so whats the point of the kyosho blizzard?

couldnt tell ya. i have had one, there not fast at all but they will climb over almost anything.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:02 AM
Lorduss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its purpose was to be a scale replica of a peice of heavy machinery.
it does quite well in snow and does go over dry stuff pretty well, it cant handle near the terrain a customised rock crawler can but it does extremly well on snow. i have a nitro i did some customising to. this url well show you what ive done.
overall in snow its amazing, especially the nitro, screams over light fluffy snow like nothing. with a blade you would want electric for slow speed torq though.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2944524/tm.htm
Old 05-01-2006, 01:23 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the LHS received one of each--the electric version sold already. Myself, I'd rather have the electric version just to crawl around inside. Then again, I already have two electric RC tanks.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:35 AM
carmatic1

one thing that tracked vehicles excel at is not getting bogged down where wheels will sink , with tracks they just paddle straight thru it... like soft thick grass, mud, snow, and other places that you wouldnt go on wheels...ground that is so soft that it wont hold a shape to be climbed over cuz it just splodges flat... with the suspension in a blizzard it can handle some hard rough surfaces , but not like a crawler or something
Old 08-16-2006, 04:20 AM
y7deluxe

I live in Florida, so I haven't had the chance to drive my blizzard in snow, but it does amazing enough without it. I've found that the blizzard performs best in sugar sand. You had asked what the blizzard was good for, steep inclines would be one that no other vehicle can compete with it on. This thing will go up inclines that you wouldn't believe without witnessing it for yourself. It performs best on inclines if the sand is soft though. Since the blizzard is so light, the tracks won't dig into the sand if it's hard. The sugar sand is typically the best because it tends not to clump up when comming into contact with water.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:50 PM
demo8

So how fast does the eletric one go? and can it be modded to go faster? They look Like a whole lotta fun.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:12 PM
leoxle

I also want the electric blizzard. the yellow one. Can anyone tell me where you can get one? mabye nitro is ok. I am willing to buy either one but electric wiould be nice. So where can you get one?
Old 05-24-2008, 08:20 PM
Fudge
My Feedback: (104)

ORIGINAL: leoxle

I also want the electric blizzard. the yellow one. Can anyone tell me where you can get one? mabye nitro is ok. I am willing to buy either one but electric wiould be nice. So where can you get one?
Ebay, that where I got both of mine, or http://www.shopkyosho.com/index/410.0.25554.0.0.0.0
Old 05-24-2008, 09:23 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

iv seen vids of blizzards with brushless motors in them. not super fast, but fast enough for being a unique vehicle.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:14 AM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

I'd suggest not wasting your money. The Blizzard is a cool little thing to run around for a few seconds but they're riddled with problems. I don't think I ever got through a full battery pack without something going wrong. No matter how many times you adjust the tracks and drive chains they always fall off, and there is a design flaw that results in the front of the frame bending outwards under even the slightest of use.

BTW This is a very old thread, why bump it?
Old 05-25-2008, 06:31 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: drevil

I'd suggest not wasting your money. The Blizzard is a cool little thing to run around for a few seconds but they're riddled with problems. I don't think I ever got through a full battery pack without something going wrong. No matter how many times you adjust the tracks and drive chains they always fall off, and there is a design flaw that results in the front of the frame bending outwards under even the slightest of use.

BTW This is a very old thread, why bump it?

New ones have the chassis brace. I run modded brake pads, 100K diff oil, Sidewinder/4600 brushless, Spektrum. It is fast and dependable. Not a crawler.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:49 AM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: nomobux

New ones have the chassis brace. I run modded brake pads, 100K diff oil, Sidewinder/4600 brushless, Spektrum. It is fast and dependable. Not a crawler.

Oh they're finally including the brace with the kit? Thats good to hear. When I brought that idea up to the customer service department at Kyosho they made it sound like they had no intention of doing so and that the brace was just an option. When I complained of the front of the frame bending they actually accused me of jumping it like "an 1/8 scale buggy"....LMAO Anyone who has seen a blizzard run knows how foolish that statement is because the blizzard can barely get out of its own way nevermind jump like a nitro buggy.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:11 PM

What is going on !!!!!!!!! I have no problems with my blizzard at! this thing is the bomb. As a mater of fack im going to buy a second blizzard real soon. I get like 1 hour crawl time with my blizzard, that's using a 3300 batt and a tamiya esc. Check out my pics lol. I live in Florida so there is nothing but good ol Florida sugar sand babby [8D][:@]. I have done a couple of odvious modds such as a driver figure and oo yeah he is sitting in a seat and the seat has a alloy seat post. This is the best go anywhere off roader you can buy, I have hours of drive time on mine and I love it.I truly cannot believe some of the obstickles that I crawl over with my blizzard. I had to relocate the battery in order to get the driver fig to fit , so I just split a pack in 2 and placed 3 cells on each side of the chassie. If you live in Florida this is truly the offroader for you ,, nothing stops this thing. And also its not about speed with this type of model its about being scale and driving to scale, I have over 30 rc vehicles and I like never break any parts on my vehicles due to the simple fact that i drive to scale . Some of you guy's should try it some time. And yes I know about speed I owne a mamba maxx with the 4600 motor[8D][:@][:-]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58038.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	429.6 KB
ID:	971372   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27798.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	971373   Click image for larger version

Name:	Io28714.jpg
Views:	589
Size:	120.2 KB