Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

NEW build!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 02:05 PM
the_touge666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW build!

ok im new to rc, in general, and im getting into drifting as well, but i can acrost this crawling buisness, and though it would be fun, so i was thinking of how to make a sick crawler, all night last night, now i was getting dressed and stumbped over a small tyco rc truck i had, so what im gonna do is do a build with it.its quit small though, but i guttted it and its got plenty of room to hold all the electronics and stuff. although the axles and gear box, is very small, im just gonna put massive tires on it, and extend the armatures for the axles and sterring.im gonna take a picture of what iv got. i also wanted to know is i can crawl with a 2wd set up. cuz im really gonna try, or is there a way i can convert my truck into 4wd?? please explain, well ovbioulsy theres a way, but i dont know how. and how do you steer if its got drives and stuff.......? price range?
Old 07-17-2006, 05:50 AM
nick232

Default RE: NEW build!

listen i wanted to do the same thing youre better off getting a tlt to start off trust me its really a pain in the ass to do i tried amd i got so close yet i was sooooooooooooooooooo far so just get wat i said a TLT-1
Old 07-17-2006, 11:31 AM
dezfan

The Nikko and Tyco trucks just are not built w/ the quality needed for crawling. Not to mention the fact that LOCKED 4WD is a requirment.

Like I explained to Nick, the best way to get into crawling is to buy a TLT and go from there.

Good luck.

Dez
Old 07-17-2006, 03:00 PM
nick232

listen i was the same way and dezfan told me all i can learn sooo i am now purchasing one soooooooooooooooooo sooooooooooooon its not even funny and you should to i am very pro TLT just go and order one.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:23 PM
the_touge666

hmmmmmmmm looks like i hit the jackpot, i was looking threw my buddies random scral pick, and found a mostertruck chassis with huge 6.5 inch tires. i have no diea what kind it is, but ill take pics once i get it in my possestion. should make for a decent build up, the axles look beefy. i didnt really notice if it was 2 or 4 wd, but im sure if its not a 4wd truck it will still make a nice monster.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:51 PM
the_touge666

ok i got the truck and it turns out to be A CLODBUSTER WHOA. now im not gonna start the build for another month or so, but ill take some pics and see if you guys think i got a mad deal considereing it was free. ill have pics up as soon as i make a youtube acount.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:55 PM
skidooguymxz550

ORIGINAL: nick232

listen i wanted to do the same thing youre better off getting a tlt to start off trust me its really a pain in the ass to do i tried amd i got so close yet i was sooooooooooooooooooo far so just get wat i said a TLT-1

didn't you want to put dig on it to. you sent a pm to me asking how to make brakes, how many people did you send those to or am i special
Old 07-19-2006, 07:56 PM
nick232

get a brake reverse and foword ESC at towerhobbies.com
Old 07-19-2006, 09:36 PM
the_touge666

nick you make no sence bro. lol im not gonna take your advice man ahhaah