Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Want to buy a Crawler (need help)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Want to buy a Crawler (need help)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 02:56 PM
rcdudegermy10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to buy a Crawler (need help)

Hello I've raced rc cars for a while and now I am looking to buy (or build) a rock crawler and I was wondering which one you all would recommend (I dont want a big 1/6 scale)( I want an 1/18 scale or 1/10 scale like most people have, right??). I want one that has a ton of articulation. I have batteries, servos and all the electronic stuff. I'd want one that I could take to a competition and compete with. One more thing ..... do you all make a lot of custom parts ( like a rollcage i was thinking about making one out of copper tubing ??) I have lots of parts that come off of my electric evader but most of these crawler chassis seem like they are made for the Traxxas Stampede chassis (they use it's parts). And I have more spare parts off of my T-Maxx. Well any help is greatly appreciated I can use all the info I get. Thanks a ton.

P.S. Does anyone know of a good tire and wheel combo.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:34 PM
dezfan

Default RE: Want to buy a Crawler (need help)

Sounds like you want a 4 link design crawler. While they are at the moment the norm, the limited articulation torsion crawler revolution has begun!

Check out the Shadow Project![>:]

Try www.thecrawlerstore.com for just about everything you could need as well as links to "other" crawler related sites!
Old 12-30-2006, 06:57 PM
rcdudegermy10

YES a 4 link one is what i want. So I was thinking that I'm going to start with the TLT chassis ( because lots of companies make upgrades for it) and go from there. I want to have a larger truck (around a 10 scale) so should i buy a new chassis or make a new one that is a few inches longer?? Do you know of any good chassis ??
Old 12-30-2006, 07:22 PM
dezfan

Try the SW2 from the crawler store, then read this how to build a 2.2 in the link!

http://www.orcrc.com/tech.htm

Good luck!
Old 12-31-2006, 10:21 AM
rcdudegermy10

Sweet thanks a lot. Can the TLT be made into a good 2.2 crawler or should i start out with a different chassis ??
Old 12-31-2006, 11:31 AM
dezfan

The TLT is used mostly for it's axles.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:40 PM
rcdudegermy10

What should I buy ?? A TLT then put a SW 2 chassis on it .... ( or ) Do you know if The Tracer TLT/Max Climber 12.5" Wheelbase Chassis Kit is very good ?? Also how long would you say the average 2.2 crawler's chassis is ?? ( Sorry for all the questions i'm very new to rockcrawling ) What would you buy to have a good crawler with tons of articulation ?? Thanks a lot for helping