Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

1/6 nylint fixings

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 11:51 PM
jamesie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/6 nylint fixings

I figured out how to fix my nylint belt drive. I found some non-slip-grip bike chain lube and I sprayed it on the belts in the front and rear axel.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Anomie

Default RE: 1/6 nylint fixings

Good idea. That belt grip is handy.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:14 AM
freakycrawler21

interesting. did that help with the sliping? if so where do you get that stuff and about how much is it a bottle!?
Old 01-21-2007, 05:58 AM
lohocla

alternatively you can get O-rings to replace the stock belts and they seem to grip better, also what I did is make tiny slices on the inner circle of the aftermarket O-ring belt all the way around( I have a John Deere O-ring kit for my machines, luckily too as I destroyed quite a few doing this, but they are inexpensive.) . It greatly improved grip and i virtually never slipped again. I replace every 20 runs anyway just for S&G.. I can get you the size if you want. But I think its different size if you have your rear mototr relocated.. lemme know and ill get size..
Old 01-21-2007, 04:27 PM
trialsmm

What are the sizes of the drive belts?
Old 01-21-2007, 10:54 PM
freakycrawler21

ya wut r the sizes? where do you get them and how much are they!?! i just bought a new front belt replacement and it cost me $15!!! for one front belt... you can also take the old stretched front belt and put it on the rear motor and it fits nice and snug and hardly slips at all!!
Old 01-24-2007, 10:07 AM
tjarr001

what is the purpose of having the nylint a belt drive. im new to the crawlin sceen. still tryin to figure out which truck i wanna get for startin out. i wanna spend the least money as posible
Old 01-26-2007, 11:49 PM
jamesie

I foundthe stuff just lying around but I bet they are only like $5.00 at Wal-Mart in the biker section.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:36 PM
trialsmm

Now my 1/6 Nylint is having problems. In high gear my Jeep jumps and only will go a few feet forward or backwards. In low gear it seems like the rear is in high gear?

I've got the rear end exposed and the belt look ok. Any other had this problem?

Thanks,
Mick
Old 01-28-2007, 10:44 PM
freakycrawler21

ya i've had that problem a few times.. it just means that the front end high-low switch is in the opposite gear as the rear ends high-low switch.. like the front end might be in high gear while the rear end is in low gear. all you have to do is take the cover off the front and rear, turn the jeep on and give it a lil throttle to see what gear the front and rear are in and move the arm that switches the gears so that they are both in the same gear.. and that should solve your problem...!
let me know if that works or not... [8D]