Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

AXIAL Axle just arrived!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:22 PM
UTRecon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AXIAL Axle just arrived!!!!!

I just received my AX10 axles from RCP Crawlers. (AX30488) Unfortunately, 4 screws were missing from the kit. They hold the ring gear to the diff case. Since RCP Crawlers do not have a phone # on their website, I called Axial directly.

Paul, in customer service was very helpful and informed me that the manufacturer forgot to include them, but they had stapled a bag of the 4 missing screws to the kit bag. Apparently a few kits slipped by and he would mail them to me first thing tomorrow. [8D]

With that kind of service, they earned my future business!!!! As for RCP, well.....there are plenty of companies out there with phone numbers.

Once they are assembled, I'll let y'all know how it works out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58193.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	799088  
Old 11-08-2007, 06:53 AM
slowstang88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AXIAL Axle just arrived!!!!!

is everything pretty stout? im considering a pair of axial axles for a "scalish" trail rig. whats the width from hex to hex if you dont mind?
Old 11-08-2007, 08:05 AM
UTRecon

I will measure that for you and reply, although with axial beadlocks mounted to them, i measured 155mm inside tire-inside tire, which may work out to be around 195mm hex-hex.

Recon out
Old 11-08-2007, 09:43 PM
UTRecon

Yep, about 195 mm hex to hex.

I noticed the screws on my beadlocks were the same as the ones i am missing, so i assembled the axles tonight.

They are "clicky". No shims in these diffs, just real tight ring/pinion mesh. Anyone else have this problem?

TIA

Recon out
Old 11-09-2007, 09:01 AM
slowstang88

thanks for the measurements recon, do they appear pretty stout compared to TLT axles and the like?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:22 PM
dezfan

Grab a hold of pinion shaft w/ a set of pliers and give it a good pull, you need to set the bearing completely and the notchiness w/ go away.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:21 PM
UTRecon

ORIGINAL: dezfan

Grab a hold of pinion shaft w/ a set of pliers and give it a good pull, you need to set the bearing completely and the notchiness w/ go away.
Wow, That was easy, thanx a bunch!!! Worked like a charm!!

mahogany dreams, sorry, I dont know anything about other axles of this type although they seem to be well made. Once I get my rig running, I can let you know more.[8D]

Recon out
Old 11-10-2007, 12:09 AM
dezfan

The Axial axles seem to be in the "sweet spot" for crawling at the moment.

They are wider than the TLT axles and they have a smoother underside(nothing to catch on) and have better clearance. Plus they come locked already, not that locking the TLT axle is difficult.

At the same time, they are narrower than the WK axles which almost require a huge offset wheel to be competitive and require a servo mount (added expense) plus they need to be locked (the Axial spool is a drop in piece) which is another expense.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:21 AM
slowstang88

Thanks for the info fellas, looks like Im ordering a couple of these real soon like!! Thanks again!!