Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

battery for novak goat

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 03:28 AM
wrat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery for novak goat

im looking for a good battery-batteries for a novak goat brushless system..ive never used li po's and im not to sure what to get..

i have a swallow 2 charger which will do the job ..

also links to a good (ni mh/ ni cd ) battery would be good..

any links would be greatly appreciated..
Old 02-13-2008, 12:12 PM
Fr33ze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: battery for novak goat

Since it takes too long for me to surf on dialup to find you links, I will tell you the batteries Ive tryed personally. First, I have a 6 cell pack of IB4200's (Intellect Batteries, ni-mh, matched voltage) that last forever (over 4 hours) on a 2.2 AX10. There formed in an inverted "U" to hug the front servo and I use velcro tape to hold it on. Then Ive tryed the apogee magnum 3800mah 20c 2 cell lipo but it was too big for the ax10. It would sit on the stock battery tray but was too top heavy to crawl any decent angles... Im gonna try the smaller apogee 2200 lipo next.

Now from what I see, most ppl are using the small humpack size batteries (not sure the proper name). There smaller then regular sub-c's so they fit better on 2.2 crawlers, but they dont have much amperage. So runtimes will be a lot shorter then what I use.

Heres an Idea of what My 6 cell pack looks like:

-----

Sry I cant be any more help, but good luck!