Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

ESC question

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 06:47 PM
monster46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC question

I've got a rock crawler with stock tamiya axles and motors. I haven't locked the axles yet either. I have been using a mechanical speed control and its starting to cause problems. I was wondering if a Novak XRS sport reversible ESC can handle 2 motors on a 6 cell nicd 1800mah?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32805.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	896403   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76004.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	896404  
Old 03-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Snaut Rocket

Default RE: ESC question

If you have the money a mamba max would do the job.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:55 PM
K_B

Your motors are most likely wired in series, which is why the mechanical speedo hasn't blown up yet. If you rewired the motors the preferred way (in parallel), an XRS still wouldn't handle it. But it would probably work the way it's wired now. Even so, you're better off with the Mamba Max or look for a Super Rooster or maybe the Traxxas E-Maxx speedo (made by Novak) on Ebay.

However, if you swap those stock silver can motors out for a couple 55 turn lathe motors, you could get away with the XRS. But the money your trying to save buying the XRS is negated by having to buy new motors. But those lathe motors will make a huge difference in it's crawling ability.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:23 PM
monster46

I already have the XRS thats why asked. I just don't want to smoke it. At the moment it is wired in parallel so maybe thats why i am having problems with the MSC. I think i will look into some higher turn motors.

Thanks for the help fellas