Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Axial Scale Project Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 08:24 PM
Sofwhitewolf
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axial Scale Project Questions

Im going to try and get a scale trail rig up and going and i need to know of which setups i have would be best.

First: Axial AX10 Scorpion Kit

Mud slingers x4 2.2mm $50
Axial-10 Kit Assembled $220
Novak fifty five Motor$24
X-Trail Kit+hardware $65
Hitec 645mg $29
Tekin Hotwire 1450 $39

$427

Second: Axial AX10 Scorpion RTR

Axial AX10 Scorpion RTR $260
Novak fifty five Motor $24
Chassis Kit+ hardware $65
Mud slingers x4 2.2mm $50

$399

Now i know i would need some internal shocks. Also the RTR setup would give me some extra parts. Really the only reason i wanted to go RTR is it is assembled. Now that sounds bad as i am going to convert to the x-trail anyway, but i am new to this and would like to get an idea where everything goes so its a bit more easy to put it back together. Otherwise are the parts i selected decent for a beginner trail rig?
Old 05-27-2008, 08:39 PM
Snaut Rocket

Default RE: Axial Scale Project Questions

I say the kit sense your getting most of the electronics anyway.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:34 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Well with what you've got posted here right now it makes more sense to spend the extra $27 and get the kit. However you're not figuring in the price of a radio which is also included with the RTR. If you have no intentions of using the RTR radio then by all means get the kit. Otherwise figure in another $40-$50 to get an equal radio to what comes with the RTR (or more for a better one if you like).

Also, you wrote 2.2mm tires. Do you mean 2.2 inch tires? I think you should really start looking around on the various scale crawler forums and see what size you prefer. Most people are going with 1.9" tires because they look much more scale, and more easily clear the body under articulation on a scale truck. On the other hand 2.2" tires will enable you to crawl better just because they are larger.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Blkft1

I'm sitting right around $210 so far with my scale ax10 crawler.
AX10 Axles[2] 1.9
Ax10 Trans
Hpi Gunmetal rims 1.9
Novak 55t $160 from Tower

RockStompers $50 From CKRC

Bruiser Body
Leaf springs Had for a long time,was going to use the Bruiser frame [sold] but decided to make my own. V2 Skala chassis.
Older Assosiated shocks Also had a long time.Still need to aqiure the rest of my elects.I may go Brushless and move the Novak 55t[x2] to my Clod Crawler build.Going to use 2.2 MudSlingers on it.

http://offroader5.freeservers.com/templates.html chassis link check out the V2Skala
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29855.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	958578   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz81071.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	958579  
Old 05-28-2008, 06:44 AM
Sofwhitewolf
My Feedback: (2)

Yea i meant 2.2 Inch, and ya i would rather have the 1.9s but the price on bead locks for these is crazy. I Could do the gluing but i think the bead locks look alot better. I dont know yet still up in the air, also this is the chassis i was looking to use..http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...2/jeepbods.jpg the guy is selling it for $35, i think it has potential.