Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Cuda Crawler Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 08:33 AM
Super Mud
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cuda Crawler Build

I started working on my first crawler build, decided to put a muscle car body on a truck chassis after seeing something like that on youtube a while ago (1:1 scale). So first thing that came to my mind was a lime green Plymouth Barracuda. Picked up this "Pegasus Hobby" 70' Big Fish(cuda) body for $20 that had been sitting at the local hobby store. It's actually a 71' since it's got the double head lights. It turned out to be a pretty crappy body, but it's light, lol. I could've used a hpi 70' body but at the time I thought they were $10 more expensive than what they really are. I started modding/fabricating some maxx axles since I'm not gonna pay $200 bucks for axles lol. And I got some 3.2"/standard size j-hawgs to go on some maximizer beadlocks.

not really the lime green I wanted, it's darker than the picture too. The paint can lied to me!

Gonna work on the quality of the pictures come out of my phone next time. Gonna eventually add all the detail to the body, was thinking about lights, also leaning towards a scaler more than competition.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Super Mud

Default RE: Cuda Crawler Build

Forgot mail dosn't come on labor day so I got to wait another day for my tranny to come in. got some chassis designs cut out of plastic sheet, I'm going with the larger one since I'm leaning towards a scale look and I can mount the bottom of the shocks at the axles.

Heres a picture of the front track and inch shorter. Then standard length

PLastic chassis designs

And some rear steer lock outs
Old 09-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Super Mud

I got the tranny in a couple days ago (haven't had time to post) but I got the case all cut up to make it slim and lighter. Along with cut driveshafts to fit and making a spur gear hook up (non slip) out of spare parts. I also locked the diff by putting spacers under 2/4 gears.

Spur gear hook up

Pretty bulky

Not any more

Sorry about the last 2 pictures, for some reason my phone only takes good pics in sunlight, not electrical light from my room.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:49 PM
whiteman24
Banned

Yea, that is some sick ****!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:16 AM
slider5161
My Feedback: (8)

Very cool man[8D]
Old 09-14-2008, 08:45 AM
Super Mud

I got some more pictures, tried to get some better quality ones too. It's cloudy and rainy where I'm at today so that dosn't help.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:46 AM
Super Mud

Haven't had time lately and finally got to do some work and post the pics. I went to my local hobby store today and got some supplies not all that I need though. Got some more 3/16 aluminium tubing and a 4mm tap and screws for my suspension links (1/4 solid) I got like 3ft from Home Depot. made the connecting braces (3/16) for my chassis and threaded them. I also cut my bulkheads the rest of the way down so their lookin pretty smooth now.

I tried taking some pictures in other rooms of my house but it still isn't workin out.