Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

tamiya cr01 question

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 01:09 PM
RUSTED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tamiya cr01 question

hey,

i have a cr01 and i want to make it crawl better , i dont really care if ill lost the scale look but i plan on making the axles wider should i get a wheel spacer that has 13 mm , 19mm , or 25 mm of offset on each side?

will the g made zero shocks make it crawl better??

Old 11-17-2008, 01:23 PM
860Crawler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tamiya cr01 question

Check my post on the CR-01 thread in the other forum. I just mounted the GMade shocks this weekend and gave a little review there. Long story short, they work pretty well and they don't leak like the kit shocks so thats a big plus! Crawling ability is going to come from a few different aspects. Will you mount the shocks the standard cantilever way or do you want them to be coilovers? I can tell you the springs that come with the GMade shocks are hard. Eliminating the cantilever will get rid of a little loose suspension movement but I'd get softer springs for the GMade shocks. You may loose some articulation with their springs. Bottom line is, you're probably not going to hang with AX-10s or other comp crawlers without some serious work.

Check out rccrawler.com forums, there are some people there that have used the GMade shocks as well as some others with and without the stock cantilever set up. There is a guy on there that has a pretty serious CR-01 that he's making competition ready, even has a dig system installed and working.

Personally, I'm happy with how mine works. I know what its capable of. Even still, I've been able to get it to crawl better all the time which I think is more attributed to driver skill than what I've put into the rig. When I first got it I was rolling it and slipping and sliding, now its doing pretty good for me.