Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Does anybody have the new Rockslide?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Does anybody have the new Rockslide?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 03:59 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Does anybody have the new Rockslide?

ORIGINAL: urjustamemory

Well the review is up on the "other" site and I must admit that it looks awesome. Im going to buy it just based on that persons review.

I plan on buying another just because of the price alone..
Old 04-27-2009, 07:57 PM
hndaman1

here it is and WOW.. this thing is cool.. I plan on swapping out the radio for a 4channle stick though I do not like the 3 channel pistol grip..

Old 07-17-2009, 12:26 PM
fishmanhd

just got the rockslide super ,Have a question ,when going for reverse, trigger is dead until pushed about half way then it hits full on.Basically pulling the trigger for foward works well and is progressive, but when pushing the trigger for reverse nothing happens then bam all at once .Is this something I can adjust and fix with trim settings and is any one running the 2 battery setup,?could I put 2 4500 mah batteries in at the same time or is that to much?
Old 07-17-2009, 01:30 PM
hndaman1

I did not like the 3 channel radio, I swapped it out for a 4 channel stick.and from what I read you can run 2 battery packs..Did you try moving the little switch on the ESC?
Old 07-17-2009, 02:04 PM
fishmanhd

thanks ,didn't know about the litle switch on the esc, must have missed that in the manual.In regards to the battery, i meant redcat is probably thinking Of running 2 stock 2000 mah packs and that would be fine,.I already am running a 4500 mah pack ,, would 2 of these be ok ? or would it burn the motors up,,the extra weight would help too! what is the little switch on the esc for ?
Old 07-27-2009, 10:31 AM
austexjg

What switch on the ESC are you talking about? I don't see a switch on the ESC....
Old 07-27-2009, 10:43 AM
fishmanhd

there isn't any switch on my rockslide super's esc, either ,also contacted redcat about ordering the parts to put the dual battery setup , but they don't have the "y" wire in stock,so i guess i'll have to make one.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:13 PM
hndaman1

ORIGINAL: fishmanhd

there isn't any switch on my rockslide super's esc, either ,also contacted redcat about ordering the parts to put the dual battery setup , but they don't have the ''y'' wire in stock,so i guess i'll have to make one.

there is a little white switch on my ESC?? it is on the side of it.. do you guys want me to take a pic of it for you?even Redcat ssent me another ESC for warranty and that one had the same switch on it, but I did not need the esc(it ended up being my RX) so I sent it back..I will take a pic of it for you all.. maybe they changed the esc for some reason? if I flip that switch it give me partial brake in rev, then if I flip it another way it gives no brake..
Old 07-27-2009, 06:22 PM
austexjg

Wow - that is a small switch, barely visible. You would miss it even if you are looking at it. It is small (about 1 mm) on the side of the ESC just below the heat sink/fan. The switch makes a quick change - from barely noticable brake to no brake instant reverse.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:57 PM
fishmanhd

i still don't see it ,hope one of you guys will take a pic ,cause now its drivin me crazy

Old 07-28-2009, 03:48 PM
hndaman1

ORIGINAL: austexjg

Wow - that is a small switch, barely visible. You would miss it even if you are looking at it. It is small (about 1 mm) on the side of the ESC just below the heat sink/fan. The switch makes a quick change - from barely noticable brake to no brake instant reverse.

I'am glad someone else see it now,, I thought you guys were all calling me a lair there for a moment
Old 07-28-2009, 03:55 PM
hndaman1

i still don't see it ,hope one of you guys will take a pic ,cause now its drivin me crazy

here is a pic

Old 07-28-2009, 08:55 PM
fishmanhd

,I finally get it.I didn't know i had to remove the esc to see the switch ,my apologies to everyone .I am not the sharpest tool in the shed at times!
Old 07-28-2009, 10:09 PM
schlags62

Anyone having servo issues? I have burned out two on the rear steer. Dont know why the differance between front and rear??
Old 07-29-2009, 04:26 AM
bpdaddy77

[] I'm running 2 2000mah nicd batteries and the power difference is awsome but the next day I try to go up my front steps to show my friend and it didn't wanna move so I naturally thought that I stripped the spur gear but I didn't they were still new I only had it for a week and a half so after further investigation I found that the diff gear stripped anybody have that problem and if so is there a metal one anybody know about or one from a different crawler that I can match it up to?
Old 07-29-2009, 04:28 AM
bpdaddy77

ORIGINAL: hndaman1

here is a pic

is that for the drag brake? I'm gonna have to try it when I fix mine that will help alot going down hill I thought it didn't have one but this is good news if it is a drag brake switch
Old 07-29-2009, 04:33 AM
bpdaddy77

should be no difference just that one is reversed.