Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Servo Saver

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 03:49 AM
lvblueyedboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Saver

So ok I bought a AX10 today whoo hoo. Coolest part is my girlfriend who had no clue on what to get me for Christmas and wanted me to get what I wanted. We she is all in to helping me set it up for a Rock crawling. So I let her run it in rock racer set up and she broke the servo saver.

The question is does it need a servo saver or not. I was thinking about CA glueing the save in the front half so that it will not break What do you all think.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:01 AM
voo2doo

Default RE: Servo Saver

I have a Axial AX 10 Scorpion with a 180oz servo and I dont use a servo saver.Just think,If you have a servo saver and need all the steering torque as possible the saver will go before your steering turns thus pointless in having a good servo! I cant recall seeing one on a crawler with a decent servo
So to round things off in my opinion get a decent servo and loose the saver.
Regards
James.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:00 PM
grimgard

ORIGINAL: lvblueyedboy

So ok I bought a AX10 today whoo hoo. Coolest part is my girlfriend who had no clue on what to get me for Christmas and wanted me to get what I wanted. We she is all in to helping me set it up for a Rock crawling. So I let her run it in rock racer set up and she broke the servo saver.

The question is does it need a servo saver or not. I was thinking about CA glueing the save in the front half so that it will not break What do you all think.
Congrats on your new hobby. I have a RTR AX10 that has had many upgrades since I got it two months ago. Do not wory about the servo saver. The servo that comes with the RTR is a High Torque servo with a metal gear and is very tough. I have been running the stock servo and have had no problems.

Here are some easy and cheap upgrades to make it rock crawling ready

Instal the 14T pinion gear that is included
Instal the front axle locker that is included
Get the Axial 55T motor (works with the stock ESC and is only $14.00)
Get the MAX Amps saddle packs [link]http://www.maxamps.com/MA-1600-6Cell-Crawler-Saddle.htm[/link]
Get the over the front axle mounts [link]http://www.tcscrawlers.com/ON-SALE-1-2-Off-TCS-Delrin-Axle-Plates-for-Axial-AX-10-Scorpion-2-each-p-16524.html[/link]
& use the velco straps that came with the RTR...put the velcro straps undr the plate and use a sharp knife to make two holes in the velcro where the screw go
Get some Losi Rock Claws
Add some weight to your tires
Invert your front shocks and move them back to the 3rd mounting hole
Get some softer springs
That should get you rolling.

Here are the latest pics of my RTR AX10
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32385.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	1102718   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33387.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1102719   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw57265.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1102720   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bv61102.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	1102721  
Old 01-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Konopacky

most of the ax10 RTR's came with a non saver steering arm in the bag of stuff that came with the truck
Old 01-04-2009, 05:51 PM
munro300

Yeah, loose the saver. Im running 333 oz. servo and no problems.