Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

New to rock crawling, At least with RC

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

New to rock crawling, At least with RC

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 08:40 PM
CarlasJEEPFreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to rock crawling, At least with RC

Hey Guys, I was just wondering what you think of this rig, I am just starting out in this and dont know much about it.
http://shop.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=WR&I=LXYHM8
I have been racing a savage 25 but I miss my real 4wheeling.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:47 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: New to rock crawling, At least with RC

well I cannot speak bbased on any sort of experience with a super class crawler, but I do know integy aluminum is not the best out there... you may want to look at the XTM crawler if you are looking to get into super class crawlers...
Old 12-01-2009, 08:50 PM
CarlasJEEPFreak

Can that all be upgraded? What about the drive train does it look good?
Sorry I need all the help I can get so I get something that I can have some fun with and upgrade as I can.
Thanks for the help
Old 12-01-2009, 09:00 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

Honestly for the price you are looking to spend you can get a descent Axial 2.2 crawler whichh is all of that and then some...

2.2 class is a little smaller (1/10 scale vs. 1/8 scale), but the Axial rigs have sooooo many different option available for them and are definately one of the most popular.

other popular crawlers in the 2.2 class are the Venom Creeper & the Losi Crawler...

IMHO though the Axial is probably one of the best out there.

I really cannot speak too much on the integy crawler, but have had more than one person say to stay away from it when I was first looking into RC crawling, which is what steered me towards the Axial myself.

Alot of what you hould look at really depends on the sort of crawling you plan to do.

the super class crawlers are good in areas where you have huge rock falls and alot of obstacles.

The 2.2 class is the most popular, and the easiest to get started with. can crawl just about anything with the right setup, and is less restrictive of where you can crawl and the direction you can choose to take with your first build.

Lastly RC Crawlers are like serious crack addiction once you get into it... I started with my axial, and in the end have about a 1200.00 investment now... downside is the amount I hev spent, but the upside outweigs it as I can crawl just about anything!!!