Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Waterproof Rock Crawler

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 06:49 PM
tecboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waterproof Rock Crawler

I'm exciting to get an Axial Scorpion Rock Crawler. I have ordered online and waiting to deliver in my house. I wonder if my rock crawler is waterproof? Can I ride in the mud, pond, or shallowed river? I've read something in the forum that a silicon paste can seal the electronic parts from water. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...
Old 12-22-2009, 07:07 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Waterproof Rock Crawler

No the Axial is not waterproofed
Old 12-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Traxxas4fun
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Waterproof Rock Crawler

nothing on your truck is waterproof..

id suggest plasti dipping your servo. just go buy this - http://www.whitenoiseaudio.com/blog/...300-786251.jpg
and do this with your servo - http://www.societyofrobots.com/image...plastidip2.jpg
then you can peel the stuff off around your servo horn area
for your esc, i would suggest a 35t or 45t motor to make sure the esc doesnt get hot then, take a old brush and wipe the plasti dip stuff all around the esc, and before you do that id actually fill the esc up with dielectrical greese.then coat the outside with plasti dip
as for your rx, take a baloon, put the rx in a baloon, zip tie the opening closed on the baloon then fill the closed opening with dielectrical grease..

and for your motor, theres nothing you can do except keep it clean and lubed