Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

SCX10 Wheel Extenders?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 12:11 PM
alexchen86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCX10 Wheel Extenders?

Okay in my mud/water truck project I ran into a bump. I got some pretty wicked open channel monster truck tires off a New Bright Big Foot...at full left/right lock I have literally 4 sheets of paper gap between the sidewall and the steer rod.

So I went out to my LHS and got the Integy Wheel Extender Kit 15mm offset front and rear for AX10.

http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...92&p_catid=243

I know what you all are thinking about Integy parts but keep in my mind I am not competing just trying to get this rig to work! So of course the front bolted up fine as the steering is the same as the AX10 I own.

However the rear on SCX10 is not controlled via dog bones...it's driven but two drive shafts connected to the differential. So the only thing I could do to make the tires look somewhat okay was to find the longest PLASTIC wheel hub I had (Tamiya kit) and now still the rear tires are about 1-2mm shorter than the fronts.

Btw the New Bright Big Foot tires are not exactly 2.2"s and a little bigger than 1.9"s so I glued on some HPI Super Stars for now as the HPI 23mm Vintage wheels were not wide enough to fit the tires.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCEA1

Anyone know where I can find a rear wheel extension kit for the SCX10 or any aluminum hubs to match the 15mm offset I have the front? I know the plastic tamiya hubs won't last too long...

I am running a Titan 12T with 20T pinion 87T spur...gets pretty decent speeds...this is a pre runner desert truck project.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:55 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SCX10 Wheel Extenders?

Integy makes great parts if your vehicles are "Shelf Queens" but I wouldn't use them on a vehicle I was going to race or bash. There was a guy on ebay that was selling wheel extenders. I have a set of his and there is alot of play when you mount them.