Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Help setup an ax10 cheap

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 06:59 PM
wminmi
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help setup an ax10 cheap

Just got my bone stock ax10 back, here's what I have & have done so far:

Novak 55
weight in wheels: front 6oz, rear 4oz
moved lower links in, moved shocks out
mirrored transmission

next to do:
bent rear links
extand upper arms (read it helped with articulation)
shocks - wanting to run internal springs, but curious what this will do for me? Also going to flip em upside down
move batteries to front axle

Any other suggestions?
Old 03-14-2010, 08:57 PM
dragon2k2

Default RE: Help setup an ax10 cheap

maybe a chassis or something what are you wanting it to be a comp rig or just a play around on the rocks when im bored rig? also the plastic drive shafts need to be upgraded, i prefer MIP drive shafts, or punisher drive shafts; but the punisher are really expensive
Old 03-14-2010, 11:08 PM
wminmi
My Feedback: (26)

this one will be more of a "play when i'm bored" rig.....even though the thought of trying comps is appealing!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:18 AM
dragon2k2

well the stock chassis should work for you! the main thing i urge you to upgrade is the drive shafts, and maybe heavy duty diff lockers; although i have never had any problem with the stock diff lockers and never upgraded to the heavy duty ones. And a good high torq servo is a must have. i really liked the stock shocks, but i wanted a more scale look, so i bought a x-trail chassis and for now im running the shocks droop. i put internal springs in them at first but they were way way to stiff, and performed horribly; so i took them out . but i want these shock http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Old 03-24-2010, 11:40 AM
jsowens

If you're looking at running internal springs...you can pick up a box of assorted springs at lowes or practically any hardware store for under 5 bucks. Most of the springs are useless for shocks, but the pack I bought included 4 full sets (4 springs each) of different weight springs so I could have options. I ran medium weight springs with 100wt shock oil in droop shocks and they worked really well for me. I would suggest picking up a pack of springs and maybe 1 or 2 different weights of shock oil so you can mess around and find the combo that works for you.