RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Rock Crawlers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-rock-crawlers-277/)
-   -   Help with SCX 24 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-rock-crawlers-277/11673733-help-scx-24-a.html)

sgwood24 01-06-2020 05:06 PM

Help with SCX 24

I have the SCX 24 (Jeep) witch has the AE-6 ESC. The vehicle worked for the first battery charge now when I turn it on it only has power to the steering. Forward and Reverse are unresponsive. I cant seem to find how to re-calibrate the ESC. I found the directions for the AE-2 and tried it but did not fix the problem (Turn on Receiver with throttle to the rear, turn on ESC). The ESC light will blink red when I turn it on. When I try to re-calibrate I turn on the truck and the wheels will work for about 3 seconds. Any help would be appreciated.

GRIM GPR 11-09-2020 05:28 AM

Help

Originally Posted by sgwood24 (Post 12574328)
I have the SCX 24 (Jeep) witch has the AE-6 ESC. The vehicle worked for the first battery charge now when I turn it on it only has power to the steering. Forward and Reverse are unresponsive. I cant seem to find how to re-calibrate the ESC. I found the directions for the AE-2 and tried it but did not fix the problem (Turn on Receiver with throttle to the rear, turn on ESC). The ESC light will blink red when I turn it on. When I try to re-calibrate I turn on the truck and the wheels will work for about 3 seconds. Any help would be appreciated.

I had similar issues with my scx24. I turned out it was a bad motor. I run a pn racing 130 70t motor. Things incredible. Did you get your fixed?

Scx24JK1 12-08-2020 11:59 PM

pn 130 70q ? Where can I get that for mine !! I’m having the same issue too

Originally Posted by GRIM GPR (Post 12643518)
I had similar issues with my scx24. I turned out it was a bad motor. I run a pn racing 130 70t motor. Things incredible. Did you get your fixed?

where can I get what you got and not deal with axial going back and forth with this ?

send over the link of the stuff you got please I’ll just replace it ☺️ Thank you !!

GRIM GPR 12-09-2020 05:16 AM

Scx24

Originally Posted by Scx24JK1 (Post 12649203)
where can I get what you got and not deal with axial going back and forth with this ?

send over the link of the stuff you got please I’ll just replace it ☺️ Thank you !!

hi I have the pn racing 130 70t from Kenon hobby it's about 15 dollars you'll also need the V2 transmission plate from shapeways I ordered the V 1/2 plates for more options. I also had to order a larger pinion as the shaft on motor is 2mm I have a bunch took almost two months to get. They are ten tooth. Will gladly send you one no charge. Here's my email if you'd like one. [email protected] I can't post links yet still to new to site. But email me and ill get you all the links. My scx24 ran with the one tenth scale the weekend and those guys and gals were blown away. Hope this helps. The whole cost should be around thirty dollars. Cheers

GRIM GPR 12-12-2020 05:43 AM

Scx24 help

Hi not sure what happened. I answered your question. But it didn't post. You need to go to Kenon hobby it's the pn racing 70t 130 motor. 14$
from shapeways you'll need the v1 and v2 plates for transmission. They are made by gamey I think. The plates allow for the bigger motor. One is for speed allows a larger pinion. The v2 is for crawling. It faces the motor forward. About 15$, you'll also need a pinion as the stock one is to small for motor shaft. I have a bunch. So if you need one I'll put in envelope and send no charge. Hope this helps if you have any questions just ask. Good building
I'm unable to post pics as I'm a new member will try to finish the 10 post minimum today and post pictures of my build.

flashsp-2 03-10-2021 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by GRIM GPR (Post 12649780)
Hi not sure what happened. I answered your question. But it didn't post. You need to go to Kenon hobby it's the pn racing 70t 130 motor. 14$
from shapeways you'll need the v1 and v2 plates for transmission. They are made by gamey I think. The plates allow for the bigger motor. One is for speed allows a larger pinion. The v2 is for crawling. It faces the motor forward. About 15$, you'll also need a pinion as the stock one is to small for motor shaft. I have a bunch. So if you need one I'll put in envelope and send no charge. Hope this helps if you have any questions just ask. Good building
I'm unable to post pics as I'm a new member will try to finish the 10 post minimum today and post pictures of my build.

Sent you a PM about the gears if you still have one available.