Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

Do you have a favorite boat? or class?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

Do you have a favorite boat? or class?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 07:25 AM
RobStagis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you have a favorite boat? or class?

I don't think I have a favorite. The boat I like sailing the most in most conditions is my EC12. When the breeze gets up, my severely overweight Dumas Star (Miss Piggy) comes out to play. Yours?
Old 09-20-2003, 11:15 AM
canesugarrules

Default RE: Do you have a favorite boat? or class?

My Vortex 60 is very realistic in light air. It is very cool watching the boat accelerate out of a tack once the jib is trimed in the last few inches. Over 12 kts, my Tradewind comes out. It is a lot of fun to go wing-and-wing, heat it up some and see how long I can hold the high angle until it broaches! Lots of fun!!
Old 09-21-2003, 09:42 AM
Glo4U
My Feedback: (16)

The Vctoria Class has come to be my favorite. Even with all of the mods available it is still affordable.

Gloria
Old 10-19-2003, 01:14 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

I've had 2 Victor Soling 1M's, a Victoria and I'm finishing up a Fairwind 900. The Soling was a very nice yacht but the keel installation is faulty in my opinion. I know it's the largest class in the AMYA so someone must have figured out a better way. If I had the money to buy one I would choose the EC-12. I fly until the wind comes up and then retreat to the local pond and sail. Have sailed fullscale for some years, evrything from an 8" Sabot to a 66" schooner. Now I live in the mountains so have to settle for RC. AMYA #9991