Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

Whoa! Our own forum?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

Whoa! Our own forum?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 01:17 PM
RobStagis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whoa! Our own forum?

Woohoo!!! We don't worry about a lean run. We don't worry about impaling a duck. We don't worry about nitro content. We don't send ourselves to the hospital and we don't (usually) piss off the neighbors too much!

It's called 'therapy'
Old 06-13-2003, 03:05 PM
Dave Lilley

Welcome to sailboats! I'm glad that you like the new forum. Make sure and stop in often.

BTW, what are you sailing?

Dave
Old 09-01-2003, 04:08 PM
Glo4U
My Feedback: (16)

I woud love to see a forum for sailboats. I used to sail a 36/600 class boat, but in our area once there is any warmth in the air the pond grass is so thick you can't sail. I live in north central Maryland and my sister and I would love to get back into sailing and eventually racing. Currently we fly radio control electric planes and sailplanes, but we loved sailboats. Anyone in the area that can help with places to sail and stuff please contact me.

[email protected]
Old 09-02-2003, 10:39 AM
RobStagis

Default Yo, Glo!

Heh - that rhymes...

If you've got a grass/weed problem, check out EC12's or J-boats. They're full-keel boats, and are pretty-much weed-free.
Old 09-21-2003, 09:51 AM
Glo4U
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Whoa! Our own forum?

Well, My sister and I made the plunge. We both have Victorias. Now for the sailing and fun. My boat has carbon fiber mast & boom and icirex sails, her's will be sporting a set soon. My question is for sources of parts and materials. Like the little sliders for adjusting the sheets and standing rigging.

Gloria
Old 10-19-2003, 01:37 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Whoa! Our own forum?

The appearance of a forum for sail boats made my day. I've been modeling stuff for oh so many years aircraft, race cars and trains but the most rewarding is sailing RC. We too have a weed problem but just around the shore, the rest of the pond is clear so we just rake a launching path through the junk. Getting a full keel boat can be an expensive proposition as compared to a Victoria. Victor has the Soling 1M that does not have a deep draft bulb keel. That helps some but there is still the separate rudder. Oh well we can't have everything.