Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Fibre Glass parts for Marutaka Kits

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Fibre Glass parts for Marutaka Kits

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 12:41 AM
FNQFLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fibre Glass parts for Marutaka Kits

Can any one advise me of suppliers of fibre glass parts, cowls, dummy engines, wheels spats etc for Marutaka kits please.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:41 AM
yel914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fibre Glass parts for Marutaka Kits

There are both Marutaka and Royal parts that show up regularly on *bay. Do a search for the manufacturers and they should come up.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:56 AM
Agman29
My Feedback: (4)

Fiberglass specialties has some of them. Here is thier site. http://www.fiberglassspecialtiesinc.com/
Old 12-02-2010, 07:25 AM
LesUyeda
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI. Royal was kitted by Marutaka. All Royal did was put decals in the box, and their label on it.

Les
Old 12-03-2010, 10:15 AM
FNQFLYER

I am not at all impressed by the Fibreglass Specialities product or the reaction of the owner to comments about final product.  The product I bought from him had flashing left on it (result cut fingers when I got it out of the box and with subsequent handling) and inconsistiencies between similiar (I bought 2 of every thing) product.  These are un finished product and I expected that but to cut out bits from the product and not remove sharp flashing I cannot understand and to not be consistent with the trimming I do not understand.  None of my problems are "not fixable" but I guess I expected better
For a guy  quote "who has been producing these items for 33 years"  (unquote) I expected better and the delivery times were not good.  

Re US suppliers I would appear from 2 attempts (1 mine and 1 a friends) that customer service is something not high on their list, with in my friends case items are still outstanding from the kit.  In my case it took more time than it should and 2 postings to complete the order.  By comparison a kit ordered from Mick Reeves in the UK took 7 days to arrive here in Cairns and the follow up items are further 7 days after order.  The kits and oder were complete and the freight cost for the kit was the same as for my 2 cowls.

A little ***** about service and quality but ever hopeful I cotinue to look for what might be the unachievable,  
Old 12-03-2010, 10:18 AM
FNQFLYER

Re Royal verse Marutake, yes I knew that Royal was the US boxing of the Japanese kit and in a lot of cases they also put build notes (book form) into the same boxes.  I continue to hunt for the build book for the Staggerwing and the Stuka.  And BTB my Marutaka kits come with decals and they are definitely Marutaka purchased from the container at Winning Hobbies in Hong Kong in the 1990's