Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Anyone have a maiden flight like this.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Anyone have a maiden flight like this.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 04:15 PM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Anyone have a maiden flight like this.

ORIGINAL: David Bathe
That's the whole point of having these examiners going around sticking their nose into your building project.
I believe all the large model ass' members see them as an asset, rather than the opposite.
I'm just looking at the article in the June 2011 FSM about the LMA Spring Symposium. And, yes, LARGE means something completely different to UK modelers, for example, the 20 foot wing span Vulcan!
Old 05-23-2011, 09:11 PM
valleyk

I want to thank David Bathe for really making some good points. Big birds do need to be scrutinized for structural integrity. I saw a video of a half scale dr1 using sandbags placed on the wings for static test. This hobby is going in the direction of big and bigger and old ways and materials don’t cut it. Yes it takes time for a fine wine but speed of build is dependent on individual and how much pain one can take working around the clock. I also want to thank some of the posts that spoke of there own maidens that went wrong and how we all can learn from their mistakes. That is what these forums are all about…. Learning not criticizing.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:32 AM
abufletcher

Another example of the British definition of LARGE models: "Ian Turney-White's 2/3 rds scale Hanriot."
Old 06-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Lucky Dog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: allanflowers

The Ansaldo is proof of the old statement that it is far better to be lucky than smart. Anybody building a model of that size and complexity in 14 days is an idiot and the flight is proof.
Sorry to say that but it is true.

Heck, the P-51 Mustang prototype was built in 117 days. And your comment Alan is undeserved and rather thoughtless. Sorry to say that, but it's true.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:05 PM
Billy Clink
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To all that have posted on my 40% Ansaldo in 15 days ! To my friends that have defended me , I Thank you ! For the people who said negative things about me , and Allen for calling me an idiot . If I am at a flyin with one of my large planes and you walk up to look at it , and I find out it is you , you will be ****ing your teeth ! You Negative over speculating people with your inacurate opinions that try to over analize a flight video you dont know crap ,me or what I do ! NOW TO END ALL THE SPECULATION .... During take off Two flying wires Broke that had been tested , allowing the bottom two scale airfoil wings to fall backwards pitching the tips almost 35 degrees positive angle . I landed the aircraft and made changes to the rigging ! The airplane flew most of the season with NO ISSUES ! A propellor exploding in the air on a flypass helped cause the demise of the 40% Ansaldo ..... I landed the plane on the runway ,it ran into a tree and bushes by choice to keep it from injuring people or property ! I will continue to build planes , NOT changing anything I do . Steve Percefield , Thank you for posting the videos of the 40% Ansaldo ! I did not know it woul cause so much contravercy ,,,,,
Perhaps we can do it again with a Larger Plane ? Billy Thompson