Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Name that CAP - Need help with manufacture ID

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Name that CAP - Need help with manufacture ID

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 11:37 AM
SkidMan
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Name that CAP - Need help with manufacture ID

Please help IDthis airplane I got in a trade. I am trying to make sure that I set the C.G. and throws properly and I am running into some challenges.

Between the Hangar 9 and the SIGCAP, both with 73" wingspans, the recommended C.G. varies between 4 1/2" and 5 5/8" behind the leading edge at the fuselage. I am currently close to 4 1/2" and would rather be forward of the recommended C.G than behind, but I would really rather be right on it for my first flights.The control surface throws are pretty easy because the recommended throws for the different makes only vary by small amounts.

Before you suggest setting the C.G. on the wingspar, keep in mind that this is a one piece wing and the actual spar location is not readily apparent.

Thanks,
Paul

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tr51536.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	1717111   Click image for larger version

Name:	up48811.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	1717112  
Old 01-22-2012, 11:46 AM
SkidMan
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Name that CAP - Need help with manufacture ID

As I keep searching for an answer I've run across the following Mean Aerodynamic Chord calculator. I'm going to feed the numbers into it knowing that 30-33% of the MAC is often recommended for the C.G..

http://www.nasascale.org/howtos/mac-calculator.htm

There is also the Online Center of Gravity Calculator: http://www.nasascale.org/howtos/cg-calculator.htm

I'll go with this data if I can't find the manufactures recommended C.G..