Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Hidden Elevator linkage Questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Hidden Elevator linkage Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 08:27 AM
DennisS
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hidden Elevator linkage Questions

I'm starting a 1/4 scale Ziroli Stuka. I want to hide the elevator linkage while using scale hinges.

Plan for the hinges is to use nyrod and full length hinge pins that can be removed. I'm thinking about using an elevator joiner wire set up, with a brazed control horn. That way I can slide the two elevator halves on/off if necessary. I have checked several build sites, and cannot find many references or helpful hints. Anyone out there have ideas or reference sites to look at? Appreciate any help.

Dennis
Old 06-11-2013, 08:56 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts
Default RE: Hidden Elevator linkage Questions

Take a look at the hidden linkage on a Top Flite Cessna 182 it will give you ideas. The manual is available for download from TF. I am building this plane but have not reached that point but I know the manual does has some pictures.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:10 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: Hidden Elevator linkage Questions

You don't need nyrod. Make some suitable hinges from G-10 material or PC board. Align them and connect with piano wire, each side being the same. For the elevator control yoke use Heavier piano wire and a brazed horn. A pocket fabricated in in each elevator half will accept the ends of the horn. At the outside of the elevator, bend the piano were in an "L" This can fit into a small slot on the outer end of the elevator. A small bit of clay will keep it in place. Paint the clay etc. You can remove the wire then any time you wish or need to..