Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

3d printing cockpit interior for 1/5-ish TF F4U Corsair

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

3d printing cockpit interior for 1/5-ish TF F4U Corsair

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2023, 01:23 PM
Svante

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3d printing cockpit interior for 1/5 TF F4U Corsair

I am totally new to the idea of 3d printing, in fact I don't even have a printer. So, I am wondering if anyone has any experiences to share on finding the right files to download and how to make them fit best into this specific model. It's an old Top Flite Giant Corsair that I have been working on for years! I've seen some stl files that seem to be specifically drawn up for the Carf Corsair, but I guess they can be scaled or modified to fit? Example: https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-print-mo...stl-files-only

My alternative is to buy a finished cockpit kit, but the price with transport and crummy exchange rate to Norway is just to laugh at. I would much rather spend $300 on a printer and have fun with the printing and painting! Tips are greatly welcomed!

Last edited by Svante; 12-13-2023 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-13-2023, 01:36 PM
c550
My Feedback: (16)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a resin 3d printer. I was able to print a lot of parts for different aircraft, cockpit parts pilots gun barrels ect. The learning curve is a little high but I enjoyed making my own stuff. The price for a printer is under 200 IIRC.