Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

stablizer height

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

stablizer height

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 09:13 PM
firewood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stablizer height

If you evenly lower the stabilizer by 1/4", what effect does this have on the flying of the aircraft?
Old 02-28-2004, 09:49 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: stablizer height

Are you lowering things to make it more scale? The plane wing position/airfoil/incedence all have a bearing on the stab and its position. I would guess though, if your building a scale plane and your flying is scale (not aerobatic) you won't notice much of a difference.
Old 02-29-2004, 07:13 AM
firewood

yes iam wanting to lower the stab on piper cub to change it over to a piper clipper need an additional 1/4 to make it match the three veiws and the plans, the widing and ect of the fuze is not a bother just didnt know about the stab, thanks firewoods dad
Old 03-24-2004, 10:50 AM
mulligan

The only real effect would be that the stab might be closer to the wing turbulence in flight. This is considered when designers fix the stab vertical location. But I can't imagine that 1/4" would get you in trouble.

- George