Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Help in Seattle!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Help in Seattle!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 12:24 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Help in Seattle!!!

I have 53 Photographs of the plane I am posting a picture of and NONE of those pictures show a clear shot of the Top wing paint scheme. They really don't clearly show the top surface/ bottom wing either. This plane was in the Champlin Air Museum in Az. and has been transfered to the Museum in Seattle (Boeing's I believe). It may not be ready for display yet? If any one has pictures showing the Top Wing Paint Scheme please contact me. This is to be my next scale project (From the Proctor Kit) and I'm gathering my Documentation. Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85732.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	113469  
Old 03-21-2004, 09:56 PM
vonJaerschky
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help in Seattle!!!

From what I can tell, it would appear that the top wing is painted in the standard Mauve/Green cammo pattern for the D.Va. But I suspect that the actual pattern differred from aircrat to aircraft somewhat. If you can't find someone to take a picture of the top wing, maybe you could just persuade the judges with proof of a pattern from a known D.Va?. I imagine the bottom surface of both upper and lower wings are the standard light blue of the time, with plain black crosses (no white outline) on the bottom wing. Good luck in your research!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig10959.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	114016  
Old 03-22-2004, 10:25 AM
BobH

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

vonJaerschky, I think the top wing is as you show with the possible exception that the center and entire right side is mauve. Where did you get that illustration if I may ask? I have searched extensively and I haven't seen it? I do have the Windsock data file special and its of limited help? The bottom of the wings are indeed light blue. The top of the bottom wing is also Mauve/Green. How does one go about matching Methuen colors as given in the Windsock files? Who in the modern world even has access to these any more? Thanks for your reply!!
Old 03-22-2004, 11:33 AM
vonJaerschky
My Feedback: (3)

Check your PM.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:34 PM
fred cesquim

hello! i am finishing proctor´s Nieuport 28 and have the same doubt about how to reproduce the Methuen colour that i have in my books references!! anybody could help me here too?
thanks!!
Old 11-18-2004, 09:33 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I think the wing top is the same color as the fuse on its entire surface with two Maltese crosses.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:08 AM
Rick Sowell

Bob: From the picture you have it looks to be the same color of the fuse. on the top wing and black like the tail on the bottom wing, If you go to Museum of flight .org this is the link to the seattle flight museum, click on the collections and then on the Champlin collections to view another view of this plane. looks to be all silver on the bottom of the wings. Maybe some one from Seattle can take some photo's for you. I live about two hours away and plan to go there in a couple of months for documentation on their Nieuport for a plane I am building, and can snap some then. also you might E-mail the museum and maybe they can provide some details for you. let me know if I can help. Rick.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:58 PM
GrahamS

Bob

Is this a dead item yet??? I live across the Sound from Seattle, and I "need" an excuss to go to the museum anyway...I would be happy to help you with the information you need. E-mail me iy youy would like my still need help.

Graham