Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Top Flite P 47 - How Scale?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Top Flite P 47 - How Scale?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 11:26 PM
thunderbolt-RCU
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Flite P 47 - How Scale?

Fw 190:
The KI61 "Tony" is a plan originally designed by Frank Tiano of Top Gun fame. Don Smith redrew it and now sells the plan, canopy, spinner. Mine is 86 inch wing and weighs about 17 pounds. It is powered by a Webra 1.20 2 stroke. There is aluminum powder mixed into the aluminum superpoxy paint. We got the powder from a large plastic model hobby shop in Denver- Colpar Hobbies. Don also has redrawn it as a 100 inch span. It would fly great on a Moki 2.1. THe plane flies like a pattern plane because of the long nose and tail moment. I has going to kit the plane at one time and I have a few epoxy fuselages, exhaust stacks, landing gear doors, and side carb shroud for $300. Precision sells a wood kit and also a wing kit for it.
Brian
Old 09-05-2002, 02:48 AM
Canuck1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-47

Hello: I have recently purchased and am beginning the construction of my Giant TF P-47. There are allot of areas which are not scale. My main concern at this point is the elevator and rudder attachment. The way it all is constructed is good however, there will be a large space at the top and bottom of the trailing edge due to the angle of sanding to achieve the required amount of throw.
I need to know the technique to make the hinge line seamless for a more scale look. If anyone knows of such a technique I would appreciate some advice on how I can replicate the full size war bird. I do know of a technique to extend the upper and lower TE of the stab to overhang, but I am not really to sure. I plan on using Robart hinges, drilling them out and using a complete rod to attach the surfaces together. Then putting silicone over the end to secure it in place.

All comment's are requested, thanks.

Craig.