Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Helio Courier >

Helio Courier

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Helio Courier

Old 08-02-2002, 01:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helio Courier

HELIO COURIER
LOOKING FOR INFO ON THIS PLANE . DOES ANY ONE HAVE PLANS,KIT,AFR ON THIS STOL AIRCRAFT. THANKS
Old 08-02-2002, 01:25 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Old and new kits

First time I saw one of these in action was at an airshow in Palm Springs when president-elect Kennedy flew in during the morning, I think to stay at Jacquline Cochran's place.

Late in 1999 I worked up one using the Berkeley kit and plans. The Herr was just too flimsy appearing for my applications. The Berkeley was already engineered for power and landing bounces. Had planned on using a throttled Norvel 074, but the variation between idle and full power was too small for what I wanted. Instead I went with a Brand X, 280 geared and a Hi-tec four channel receiver. It used the full swing pivoted elevators, rudder and flaps. No ailerons. Bob Holman laser cut up the parts for me.

The extra weight made it go from dead stop to leap into the air in about 15-25 feet. Had I used late model and lighter radio gear, the take off could have been shorter yet. I never painted or finished the A/C as I did not know how well it would work and it only flew one day. The kit specified small diameter tires caught a rock upon landing, fliped it over, broke the motor loose and bent the shaft and the landing gear assembly. Things got salvaged and used in another project. I never went back and repaired or started another.

Wm.
Old 08-04-2002, 12:37 AM

Default Helio Courier

Hobby Lobby sells one 50 inch you can use gas or ele. 05 I flew mine with 05 and 8-4 prop 7 cell flys nice also os 10 flew the best the high fin and rudder makes it turn quick it's an arf I think I saw that they had it on sale
Old 08-04-2002, 01:09 AM

Default Helio Courier

HI!!!!
Thanks for the info. I was looking for a bigger size maybe gas. I well look at hobby lobby's plane to see if it might work. Thanks
Old 05-22-2003, 04:17 PM

Default Helio Courier

I have flown the full size Helio courier. Unfortunately there are no plans available for a bigger size on the market.

I had to design and draw my own plans in order to build my 27%scale Helio Courier. After hard research, I managed to get some info. I had to ACTUALLY measure parts of a full sized Helio stationed over my local airport in order to have accurate drawings.

allmetalplane.

Your best bet will be Bob Banka´s research