Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Funaero DIII Flight characteristics?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Funaero DIII Flight characteristics?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 03:58 AM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Funaero DIII Flight characteristics?

How does the Funaero DIII fly? What kind of prior flying experience is necessarily/advisable? If I can fly a Spacewalker II (most of the time ) should I be able to handle this biplane? How are take offs and landings?

I've seen the construction threads and it looks like a fun sport scale project. I'm looking around for an intro to WWI biplanes -- the operative word here being biplanes -- and this looks good -- and possibly doable with the limited hobby resource available to me at the moment.

I'm also interested since after watching The Blue Max for the hundredth time I'm strongly considering the Pfalz DIII at my next serious scale project (if I opt for a fighter instead of a two-seater).
Old 11-14-2004, 12:30 PM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Funaero DIII Flight characteristics?

Hmmm...I guess all the people who have one of these are out having fun flying it!
Old 11-14-2004, 08:26 PM
flipstart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Funaero DIII Flight characteristics?

I am just finishing mine -will be about another month before I get all the details and controls fine tuned-have about the same flying experience as you-will have to let you know-did check around and this particular (Funaero) model is supposed to fly well, land fairly easily-sure hope so-started in August and here it is almost Dec. Lots of work but a labor of love. Nothing like building a kit or a model from scratch to get the blood pumping. Flipstart