Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
 NEW ADDITION TO BAGO'S FW190 >

NEW ADDITION TO BAGO'S FW190

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

NEW ADDITION TO BAGO'S FW190

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 08:33 PM
My Feedback: (178)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW ADDITION TO BAGO'S FW190

Just got a cooling fan / spinner from my pal Darrell at Sierra Precision and wow what a piece of work..
I had to do a little wittling to get her in the cowl, but as you can see, all is well..

I also managed to get Solo Props to modify a spinner hub to fit the RCS 215 radial on this puppy, I had a 3 blade 32/10 and a 3 blade 32/12 fitted for the Radial and the job was excellent.

I am a little concerned about the thrust on the FW, its about 2 degrees right with what seems to be 1 degree or so down, does anyone know if this is right? Dave Schwantz the builder said he followed what was already setup on the plane from the factory, so we both assumed it was correct.

I have flown her several times, the last time, while flying straight and level, she started climbing nose up for no apparent reason, almost like flaps had dropped but they actually didnt.

So, I'll check CG again to be sure..

FYI, on the RCS 215 Radial, this is a sweet engine, I got the RPM down to a crawl and she still ran, but when goosed, she came right up..
I recommend using this fan if you do a FW with a Radial, I already burnt this one out and had it rebuilt because of inadequate cooling, it was costly, dont make the same mistake...

By The Way, I plan on painting the prop black.. [X(]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93803.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	224249   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97742.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	224250   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot49235.jpg
Views:	11