Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Glen Torence Models

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Glen Torence Models

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 10:48 AM
nuvaring
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glen Torence Models

Anyone build one of these kits? particularly the D-VIII. Saw it at the Wram show along with the DR-I. Super looking kits, just curious to hear feedback.

thanks
Old 09-10-2002, 01:56 PM
pittsdriver
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Torrance DR1 that I framed up for a friend. Very nice kit, parts fit was great and instructions and blueprints very straightforward. Glenn is a nice guy and is always a phone call away if you run into any problems. The D-8 should be even better than the DR1. And D-8s are always great flying models. They just have all the right proportions. Don
Old 09-10-2002, 11:41 PM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Saw Glen's D VIII Fly

I was at the field about 2 weeks ago trying out my new GP DR1 and Glen was there and gave me a hand. He had with him the D VIII. Great looking model.
This one was very detailed and he flew it like a sport plane! It appeared to fly quite easy and very stable, not like some of the other scale birds I have seen. A great guy with a keen eye for detail.

BobHH
Old 09-11-2002, 10:54 AM
nuvaring
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I agree on the great guy thing. I got the same feeling after speaking with him at the Wram show.

I was going to call him this week to ask a few more questions. I'm just concerned about how all the small details, nuts and bolts, etc...l hold up to vibration and shaking. It seems a little on the delicate side.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2002, 11:10 AM
pittsdriver
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Locktite! Also if you can afford it power it with a Laser 3.00 V-twin. I have a Proctor Fokker D-7 with that engine and it is the smoothest model engine I have ever had. Also you would be surprised at just how strong these models are. Don