Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

"Rivets on Tape" info needed

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

"Rivets on Tape" info needed

Old 01-11-2002, 05:07 AM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Rivets on Tape" info needed

I am trying to find "rivets on tape". (I think that was the name of them)

I saw them several years ago. They were available in different spacing/scales and were on very thin self stick type tape (about the thickness of Monokote). The ones I saw were for 1/4, 1/5 and 1/7 scale, the scale spacing was 2", 3" and 4". They were "raised" rivets and the "tape" was between 1/16 and 3/32 wide. As I recall, they came in a 5' roll.

Any information/leads will be appreciated.
Old 01-13-2002, 11:41 PM
mselby

company was called scale skings. Not sure if they are still in the business. They used to have a website, but the url I had does not work. They occassionally advertised in various magazines including RC Scale.
Mike
Old 01-14-2002, 03:09 AM
Campy

Default Thanks

Thanks, I will try to locate them.
Old 01-14-2002, 03:18 AM
mselby

Sorry Campy I had a typing error, it is Scale Skins. As an aside, I used their product a couple of times. It worked fine, although the tape is reusable only once or twice. For models requiring a lot of rivets such as the F7F I had at Top Gun last year, I found that it was actually easier to use a syringe, with different size needles and canopy glue. With a bit of practice this can be done at a rapid pace, you have the advantage of being able to produce quite a range of sizes. In addition many areas of a plane do not have symetrical rivet patterns, and the tape becomes useless. In some cases the tape will slow you down as you have to wait for a row to dry before running a cross pattern.
Mike
Old 01-14-2002, 03:31 AM
Campy

Default Scale Skins

I managed to find a telephone number - (205)978-2964 Fax (205)824-5079 This info had a date of 06/12/01 I will give them a try this week.
Old 01-14-2002, 04:04 AM
mselby

Campy,
One additional one to look at is Aeroloft in Arizona. They make dry transfer rivets, which include a slightly raised rivet that can be overpainted.
Mike
Old 01-14-2002, 10:52 PM
Campy

Default OK

OK, I will try to find them and check it out. Thanks
Old 01-15-2002, 05:31 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Aeroloft

www.aeroloft.com
Old 01-15-2002, 09:27 AM
Moore-VARIO

Default Scale helicopter acessories ????

I beleave I am holding in my hand what you are looking for. VARIO Helicopter part # 10/33 is available from any authorized VARIO Helicopter dealer. 1200 gray burnish on rivets on a flat tape backing. We sell tons of them, it's what all of the top notch scale helicopter builders are using. VARIO Helicopter also makes plastic scale rivets that are inserted into predrilled holes in the fuselage.

Not only do they make rivets, they are the leader in scale accessories for helicopters. VARIO Helicopter makes everything from cockpit instruments to scale fire extinguishers. If you are trying to find some hard to find parts to help finish off the scale detail look you are going for, you ought to check out the VARIO Helicopter product line.