Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

OS .61 FS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 01:15 PM
Balsacutter
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS .61 FS?

I purchased an OS .61 FS four-stroke at an auction this year. Circa '85, but New-In-Box, never been run.

OS has discontinued this engine, or else it morphed into the FS-70. Does anyone know anything about it? Was it discontinued because it had a problem?

- Norm
Old 11-23-2005, 01:48 PM
EF

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: OS .61 FS?

it's a wonderful engine. I have one of the same vintage, still fly it on a regular basis. it's the one that replaced the first OS 60 FS.
i wish i had another one for myself
enjoy it!
Old 11-23-2005, 05:01 PM
Jigley3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

I have 2 of them and like them a lot. They'r not a power house by today’s standards but a fine engine. Stick with OS type F plugs and don’t let anybody tell you different. I wouldn’t trade mine for nothing very reliable Set the needle valve a tad to the rich side and leave it .There is nothing at all to be gained by continually fiddling with the mixture. I seldom touch the needle valve and as a result the engine is very predictable when starting and throughout the flight… bert
Old 11-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The O.S. FS-61 was discontinued because they brought out the FS-70 Surpass engine, which is about the same size and develops more power.