Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

DeHavilland DHC-7

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

DeHavilland DHC-7

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Tripower455
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DeHavilland DHC-7

I just ordered the Palmer Dash-7 plans.... I flew these airplanes for Pan Am Express back in the late '80's, early '90's. I also drew up a set of plans, had some foam cores cut, bought 4 Enya .25s and started building a fuse, but over the years and about 6 moves, the only thing I have left is the fuse shell. Mine had an 89" wing.

I am definitely going electric on this one.....

I am knee deep in several projects, so this one will be put on the back burner for now.
Old 12-23-2017, 06:15 PM
Scale Freak

Hello, I am curious about these plans and considering building this plane, has anyone built this, or willing to sell their plans if they have a set?
Old 03-23-2018, 04:31 AM
Scale Freak

Call out to Dash7ATP and Skyhawknut, have either of you done your Dash7? I did get a set of plans and am looking at different materials to lighten it up a bit for electric power. Most likely wont start the build til at least late summer, but I would be interested in talking to anyone who has or is or planning on building one.
Old 07-12-2022, 07:05 PM
Dash7ATP

Default Dan Palmer DHC-7 Build

Originally Posted by skyhawknut
I think I'm the only one with these plans as well!

It is very scale - he used the original factory blueprints to make his plans. Everything from the wing airfoils right down to leaving provisions and some discription for a fully detailed cabin. The only thing he comprimised on was a single flap - rather than the double fowler. The real one was pretty complex and probably very difficult to do in model form.

Mine will be electric - I'm not going to mess with trying to keep 4 .25's running properly and engine outs will not be a problem.

I've attached a pic of the custom gear made by Century jet specificly for the plane. While expensive and not all that scale - I'll probably use them as this bird will need some serious gear.

I've read all the stuff about Dan's plans as well - but the more I read about building from ANY of the big names plans - they all have the same problems with parts not fitting and plans not being clear. In the end - Dan's plans are a master piece. There is a lot of info on them and I've had to study some parts a few times to figure out what's going on. As far as I can tell the parts seem to fit better than his other plans - but I'm sure that some will be out, and the only way I will truely find out is when I put the laser cut parts together and build it. It's true that his designs probably haven't been flown - however I don't think I've read a build on any of his planes that didn't fly VERY well. (except 1 where he used too small an engine) One thing with these is the target weights are unrealistic. If you build one - build it and then when almost done - pick the powerplant based on your weight. The guy I spoke of above bought his engine with everything else and then built the plane, of course he was overweight and didn't have enough power.

Try this link :http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/

There is a section in the forums for Dan Palmer plan builds. Lots of good info.
Hi Shyhawknut,

It seems like I got buisy on the F-15 I mentioned earlier, Much earlier, and never did get back to you to see how your Dash came out. Did you finish the build? how did it come out? Any photos? And more inportantly, how did it fly? If you see this message, I'd love to hear from you.
Joe
Old 10-04-2022, 01:30 PM
Bigells

Originally Posted by SunShyne
Joe

I have a Robbe Dash 7 still in the box. Maybe we can talk about it

Wish I could help on the plans but I kow this bird is hard to locate decent plans for. I flew on a Dash as a kid on alot of short hops and I used to love it! Are you still flying?
Is the Robbe Dash 7 still available as I would like to purchase it.