Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

GP Ultimate Biplane

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

GP Ultimate Biplane

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2002, 06:41 PM
jack01
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Ultimate Biplane

With a YS 120, it is capable of ANYTHING. Several club members have one, and they all fly them with either an OS 120, or a YS 120. The ones with the YS engines will accelerate rapidly out of a hover. They all land pretty slow for a bipe too. Just remember that the plane has more drag than single winged planes, so if your engine quits it will slow down FAST. Just make sure to build it light, and build it strong.
Old 08-19-2002, 07:49 AM
Tabushi

YS120 ???? !!! ... i think thats too much !!! ...

The Great Planes Ultimate Bipe its a .40 size biplane ... in fact, with a good tuned OS .46FX + tuned pipe it will do almost anything ... ! ...

We have a couple of guys at the club with that plane, and with a MVVS .49 + minipipe it does all ...

hope this help ...

PAT

Originally posted by jack01
With a YS 120, it is capable of ANYTHING. Several club members have one, and they all fly them with either an OS 120, or a YS 120. The ones with the YS engines will accelerate rapidly out of a hover. They all land pretty slow for a bipe too. Just remember that the plane has more drag than single winged planes, so if your engine quits it will slow down FAST. Just make sure to build it light, and build it strong.
Old 08-20-2002, 07:49 PM
jack01

OH! I thinking of the bigger GP Ultimate. Here is one of them. Thats a gallon of fuel in the flight box for a size reference: http://www.mempropbusters.com/hosting%20pics/henry1.jpg
Old 08-20-2002, 09:20 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Default Great Planes Ultimate Bipe

My friend had a Saito 72 on his and loved it dearly. It weiged a good 6 or 7 pounds but was a great aerobatic plane.

He could do the prettiest inverted flat spins with it. It could knife edge, hover, anything you wanted it could do with a little practice. I had a chance to fly it a few times and noticed the rudder has great athority and the elevator had to be tuned down because it was very very affective.

His wing on top almost came off once because the bolts sheared completely off, so he replaced them and hasnt had a problem since. Good luck with yours
Old 08-30-2002, 02:43 PM
jack01

It turns out that the guys plane I was talking about, was a Goldberg with a Great Planes sticker on it. Oh well! My mistake!