Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

YELLOW AIRCRAFT

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

YELLOW AIRCRAFT

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 05:32 PM
UDET

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YELLOW AIRCRAFT

I had and advertisement on RCU needing a set of drawings for a Bert Baker P-47. I got one hit from a gentelman saying Yellow Aircraft had puchased Berts line of kits which I new but I thought I would see if anyone out there had what I needed before going to Yellow because I new Yellow had changed it. I decided to call Yellow today and what a disapointment. I told the man I wanted to purchase a set of Drawings / prints for the P-47 He asked why use the direction. He said you need directions I said no I need the PRINTS. Again he says why. I tell him what I have. He says airplane has been changed so they won't work. I said I just want the outline. And again with wont work. I said so you won't sell me a set of prints. He says NO. I was going to buy a new canopy and canopy frame and retract and wheels thru Yellow aircaft. BUT NOW THEY CAN KISS MY ***** [:@]
Old 05-07-2007, 08:15 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: YELLOW AIRCRAFT

I can't speak for Yellow but I have a newer yellow P-47 and there are no full scale drawings that come with the plane. Maybe some one has the older Bert Baker plans? Before Yellow sold the Bert Baker kits there was another dealer who carried them. Can't remember the name right off but they are no longer in business.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:03 AM
UDET

Hey Bob, Thanks I built the Yellow T-6 and it had prints. The guy I talked to on the phone indicated they had prints but seem to think I couldn't use them. If someone has the old Bert Baker or any other scale P-47 drawings I would purchase them. My bird will have and 80" wing span. I wouldn't have gotten mad if the guy from yellow aircraft didn't have such a attitude. I worked in retail and when someone wanted to purchase and item we had we would sell it to them. And if we didn't have what they wanted we would tell them we either are out of stock or do not carry the item they wanted to purchase. Thanks again
Old 05-11-2007, 10:28 PM
kochj

what is the big deal to sell prints?
***?
Old 05-11-2007, 10:48 PM
brentp76
My Feedback: (14)

That is pretty crazy.. From the conversation you would think that they have met you or something!
Old 05-12-2007, 08:07 AM
jeff naul
My Feedback: (16)

the guy at c&h ignitions gets like that too! i tell him i want to reduce from the standard 14mm plug to the 10mm or even the expensive 1/4-20 plug to get clearance for a cowling. both models i called him about his first response was "just cut your cowling" when in the beginning i tell him thats not an option. both times they missed sales rather than just selling me what i asked for. from now on i talk to ralph cunningham at r/c ignitions, excellent man and real interesting to talk with. sorry for getting off track, but i know how you feel. jeff
Old 05-24-2007, 11:35 PM
kochj

yellow aircraft out of business?
website does not work?
Old 05-25-2007, 09:28 AM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It appears that Shaun Evan's Yellow site (www.yellowaircraftplanes.com) is down temporarily or has hosting issues pending.
But Yellow's regular site is up. www.yellowaircraft.com
Paul
ORIGINAL: kochj

yellow aircraft out of business?
website does not work?
Old 06-02-2007, 10:31 PM
ruthiesea

Both of Yellow Aicraft's website addresses are DRT (Dead Right There). Anybody know what happened?
Old 06-03-2007, 01:48 AM
buddude8
My Feedback: (10)

i know shuans site is down because he is adding skymaster products to it. I dont think he regularly looks in this forum. If you want to ask him a question look him up in the jet forum.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Jmik

Can anyone give me a heads-up on the correct C.G. for a Yellow P-47?

P-47 Nut
Old 06-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

A friend pointed this out. Well, I can't say for sure what happened because I don't know and haven't asked, but I can say that there is A LOT of splashing/stealing going on overseas these days. Maybe this was out of caution due to that? I don't know. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, though. Deal directly with me next time. If the owner won't sell you plans, then I can't get them either, but at least I'll do better in leaving you not feeling ill dealt-with. Maybe someone has some used plans for that bird?
Old 06-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Yak18
My Feedback: (11)

You can't blame Yellow for not selling you drawings to their product but they should have been more diplomatic about it.

Yak
Old 06-04-2007, 11:40 AM
DDayWarbird
My Feedback: (5)

I have had 4 Yellow Aircraft p47's

The CG is exactly 5.25 inches aft of the leading edge of the wing at the fuse with the plane upside down.

Some fly at 5 inches and have even heard of some flying at 4 and 7/8's

Good luck.

I have a friend with a Bert Baker P 47. Compaired to any of my YA there is NO difference in the planes, at all.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:36 PM
stratosn
My Feedback: (26)

Any one got a yellow P-47 for sale. I called them a couple of days ago and the fellow said they were on vacation.. Call me at 713-857-4108 if anyone got one or know where one is available. Thanks, Nick