Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
G23 in a Topflight 1/7 scale corsair >

G23 in a Topflight 1/7 scale corsair

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

G23 in a Topflight 1/7 scale corsair

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 02:58 AM
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G23 in a Topflight 1/7 scale corsair

Is it possible or is it too much weight. It looks like it would fit in the cowl. This is the 60 size that uses a 120 four stroke. Should be about the same power. If anyone has done this let me know how well it worked (or didn't). Or anyone else has ideas on this. I can get a good G23 cheaper than I can get a 120 FS.
Thanks for looking,
fossil
Old 02-26-2002, 02:55 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Way too much weight. I have a ST.90 in mine and it balanced ok without any extra led just by moving a 1000 mah batt under the tank. I cant imagine how much you would need in the tail to balance with a G23. BUT, I dont own a G23.
Edwin
Old 02-26-2002, 03:32 PM
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, I was afraid it would be to heavy. How does yours fly with the ST 90. I also thought about an OS 90FX.
Old 02-26-2002, 04:30 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flys very good. Only got 2 flights. Did a slam and go and bent the retract strut, and it was the newer 3/16". Got some robo struts on it now, #650. NOTE: The #660 dont fit. Many have said that will solve that problem. Funny, I thought I could grease em in better than that. Oh well, you need a little humbling every now and then. Mines got the works. Flaps, retract, and all. A .90 sized 2 stroke is just right. Take off was uneventful, flying was what I expected. Landing, was a surprise. It floats in ground effect too damn good at about 5'. A lot of corsair flyers tell me that is not uncommon. Didnt think to use the flaps, was too busy trying to gauge my descent. It all looked so right, then just floated right by. After 8 attempts on the maiden flight I started diving for the runway and got it down ok. But not the second time. Just minor damage. Its ready to go, cant wait to try again.
Edwin