Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Guillows 24" Cessna 170

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Guillows 24" Cessna 170

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Mr_B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guillows 24" Cessna 170

Hi All

I am a bit of a newbie here and have a question as to the wing area of the Guillows 24" Cessna 170. Does anyone know what it is. I have worked it out. It seems wrong when I work it out and do wing loading.

I have built this model and am trying to work out if it is too heavy or not to fly as RC. It is setup with tail and elevator control with a brushless rated at 2350Kv The prop is a 5X3. This gives heaps more thrust than the plane weighs. The main wing has 2 carbon fiber rods in them for strength and will flex approx 12mm when I weight it up with 1500g at the fuse when held at the wing tips on the CG.

Basically all up with the battery I would like to use it weighs in at 250g and depending on the battery I use the model can be another 80g lighter with same performance from the motor.

Thanks for any help.

BB
8)
//
Old 09-05-2007, 11:48 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Guillows 24" Cessna 170

I am building the Guillows Super Cub and am going to put in an Air Hog's rudder/throttle setup. I am not an electric guru but it should fly if not a little fast with the weight. Ithink the lighter battery would be better. What radio?

Tom