Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Swordfish

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts
Default Swordfish

On Sunday 15th March a model of a Fairey Swordfish turned up at our flying field. It was about six feet in the wingspan, (1.8 metres) and had been built by the neighbour of one of our club members, in fact, the club member had loaned the builder an engine and radio so that it could be flown. They took some time to rig it and to connect up all of those wires but then the engine was run up and when all the tests had been carried out, it trundled down the runway and flew.

It didn't do much other than fly about in lazy figures of eight, but all of the pilots of ARTFs, pattern ships, foamies, trainers, 3-Ds, sports models and shock fliers, (whatever they are!) remained grounded while the Swordfish flew with great presence and atmosphere. When it landed there was spontaneous applause.

I think non-builders are missing something don't you?

Happy Landings
Old 03-23-2009, 03:33 PM
spad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Swordfish

Amen to that!
any pics?
Old 03-23-2009, 03:42 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

Wish I had been there! Non-builders miss half the fun. With modern laser cut parts its easier than it ever has been. If you want to challange my skills you have to buy an obsolete kit on EBay or one of those museum quality WWI kits.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:14 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Spad, Flyer,

Thanks for the responses.

I'll try to get some pictures if it turns up again but I've rarely succeeded in being able to upload pictures onto these sites because my pictures are always "too big."

I'm not very good with computers. Anyone know how I reduce the number of pixels or whatever it is I have to do to get the pictures on to the site?

DD.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:18 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

ORIGINAL: Telemaster Sales UK

Spad, Flyer,

I'll try to get some pictures if it turns up again but I've rarely succeeded in being able to upload pictures onto these sites because my pictures are always "too big."
I'm not very good with computers. Anyone know how I reduce the number of pixels or whatever it is I have to do to get the pictures on to the site?
DD.
Try bring the photo up in "Paint" (Paint comes as part of MS Windows.), go up to "Image" at the bar at the top. Then click "Stretch/Skew...". In the Stretch boxes for "Vertical" and "Horizontal" you will see "100", change this to "50" and click OK. Save the picture in Jpeg and check the size. You can repeat this if need be.

Mike
Old 03-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: FlyerInOKC

ORIGINAL: Telemaster Sales UK

Spad, Flyer,

DD.
Try bring the photo up in "Paint" (Paint comes as part of MS Windows.), go up to "Image" at the bar at the top. Then click "Stretch/Skew...". In the Stretch boxes for "Vertical" and "Horizontal" you will see "100", change this to "50" and click OK. Save the picture in Jpeg and check the size. You can repeat this if need be.

Mike
If you use XP, simply find the picture you want to upload, right click>send to> mail recipient. This brings up the photo resize wizard. Select make all my pictures smaller, then email it to yourself. Then simply upload those pictures.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:03 PM
spad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Telemaster
if you upload to something like Photobucket.com and then click the bottom link on the drop down under your pic in the album you can paste the link into your post - it should automatically resize for you when it displays.

cheers
Rick
Old 03-25-2009, 01:35 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Thanks for all of your help.

I'll pluck up the courage to give it a try!