Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

Dumas Carol Moran=great little tug

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

Dumas Carol Moran=great little tug

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 08:27 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumas Carol Moran=great little tug

Didnt see anything on this one so I thought I'd share my personal experience with it. I picked on of these up on tower hobbies about a year ago for a push boat when my other go-fast boats decided to die on me. For the money i must say it is a great little boat. It was a first scale boat for me and I had no problems with the assembly. The only thing i disagreed with was their suggesting to use a servo to propel the boat. this is not nearly enough power when it is weighted to look scale. since i needed alot of over all wieght, I'd say around 5 pounds I used it up with the power system. I run about a 400 size motor(the small kit prop works great with this DD'ing it) and a standard 6-cell rc car pack, and yes it still needed a bit of lead wieght, this combo is great for pushing in any condition, I'd say she handle 3inch chop but i would go over that. without being loaded by pushing a boat scale speed it around 1/4-1/2 throttle, anything past 3/4 and some strange behavior occours. i pushed an abc super hawai(38 inches) with no problem, the scale detail is also amazing for the size, it looks great just cruising by slowly. all in all id say they have a real hit with this one.