Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

Pirate Ship by Aquacraft "King's Ransom"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

Pirate Ship by Aquacraft "King's Ransom"

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 08:37 PM
hpiguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pirate Ship by Aquacraft "King's Ransom"

ORIGINAL: 1moparmadman

Sounds like you have the makings of a good project. I'd be curious to know how you progress. I posted a forum and a couple pics yesterday on my own conversion of the Kings Ransom into a frigate, under RC Sailboats, if you'd like to check it out. I have finally come up with a couple of satisfactory quarter galleries which has been holding me up, so I hope to post some pics of the new paint job on the hull soon.
On this forum? I must have missed that.

Can you give me the link to the thread?

Edit:
I found it, thanks!
Old 10-05-2006, 10:42 AM
VenomSpeed

does anyone own one of these in good condition that would want to sell it? PM me!

-Dan
Old 04-03-2007, 09:12 AM
MenTootsie6

Hey hpiguy,
i own a bristol bay boat from aquacraft,and i was wondering what if any sort of ballast you have added to the hull to make it sea worthy???I find this hull design to be very squirly in even the lightest of winds,and given it's narrow width,it just does not handle any sort of wind..not even 5 mph.Without adding a ton of weight to get hull to sink down below the waterline,have you any suggestions for me to setting it up?If not it will most likely end up for sale on ebay!
The speeds in which the boat cruises at full throttle are way over-scale speeds in my opinion,and perhaps a gear drive and re-propping would help.This was a gift to me,although i dont consider myself any sort of scale modeler based on the fact it's a product of china,that is fully built out of the box.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:16 AM
hpiguy

I didn't add weight. I only run about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle ever. Full tilt is only used if I need it back off the lake in a hurry or if it gets into some floating debris.

I run mine as a lazy slow scale boat while my large scale gasser or race boats cool down. Or I take it our for a lazy spin to mellow out or to bump a sailboat back into shore or out of weeds if need be.

If you want to sell, PM me with a price, I have an idea to convert this into another style of boat and getting one on the cheap would be great.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:53 AM
MenTootsie6

oh..ok. Well do you run 6 volt or 12 volt gel cell by chance? Or do you just use the nimh stick packs?If i do decide to sell it,i will let it go for a song.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:01 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Twelve volt gel cell.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:29 PM
hpiguy

Depending on what I have at the lake I'll usually just use the 6 cell race packs from my other boats.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Sharkbait8181

they have one on there now for $140 new mod damage
Old 04-11-2021, 12:22 PM
hkfickes

Originally Posted by VenomSpeed
does anyone own one of these in good condition that would want to sell it? PM me!

-Dan
Yes, I do. The motor is not working but I believe it is because the connetions are loose under the waterproof wrap.. The controller and the rudder work just fine. The battery charged and its time for it to go and I don't really have the time right now to figure out the reason why the motor isn't spinning.

Ultimately this is one of my father's toys and its time to send it to someone who loves it. Make an offer!

- David
Old 04-11-2021, 08:18 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by hkfickes
Yes, I do. The motor is not working but I believe it is because the connetions are loose under the waterproof wrap.. The controller and the rudder work just fine. The battery charged and its time for it to go and I don't really have the time right now to figure out the reason why the motor isn't spinning.

Ultimately this is one of my father's toys and its time to send it to someone who loves it. Make an offer!

- David
You do realize the post you replied to is 15 years old, don't you?
Old 04-12-2021, 04:42 AM
hkfickes

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
You do realize the post you replied to is 15 years old, don't you?
Yes, and yet someone replied!!!

I need to figure out where to find someone who wants this RC craft but in the meantime, I thought I'd start here.

Old 05-30-2022, 02:36 PM
mrcoolpop

Default King Ransom

I know that this is a old thread:Looking for someone that’s familiar with the King Ransom. I have a King Ransom ship and the ESC stop responding. The servo works but I cannot get any power. I tried to recalibrate the ESC but nothing. The motor works when I connect the battery directly to the cables. The ESC is a Aquacraft 30 AMP 7.2-8.4v It has a 70 channel FM and 550 (NIMH/NICD) motor. Does anyone know of a replacement ESC and Receiver for this ship?
Old 06-15-2022, 09:17 PM
cheapsub

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope a month later reply was not too long.
check to see the motor and drive shaft still turning, may need service.
All The 75MHz receiver no longer available for many many years. You may have to look in to used market.
look like you may have to replace everything new.
the new 2.4GHz surface basic rc system is cheap(used be even cheaper) .
This is a generic speed controller. Should works with 550 motor.
https://a.co/d/4Z9sTBL

Old 06-16-2022, 12:27 PM
mrcoolpop

Hey thanks cheapsub for your reply, but I did find one on Amazon that did work fine. I was able to keep the everything the same I just change the ESC.