Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

scale german torpedo boat

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

scale german torpedo boat

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 06:30 PM
jlvl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scale german torpedo boat

I have a kit of a German Schnellboote (torpedo boat) 42" hull that has die cast guns and cannons. Must be many years old as the plans are yellow and brittle. Hull has been started up to the torpedo tubes. Also I have a Kroker Seawasp electric motor water cooled and Kroker electric water pump 4gph capacity and shaft all new. They are real quality items. The detail of the guns is fantastic.. Would like to know if anyone is interested or any info about the companys who made the boat or the motor. I have not been able to locate either.. This would be a super scale boat as I am sure they do not make kits like this anymore except in plastic. The hull is plastic or fibreglass.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:58 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: scale german torpedo boat

PM sent.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:19 AM
killick64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: scale german torpedo boat

Your hull is in 1/32 scale (as far as I can determine) --and was either made by a company called "32nd Parallel" or the company they got the mold from (whose name I'm afraid I can't remember). Both companies produced the hull in fibreglass.

It's probably the model of E-Boat (or Schnellboot) which had the "armored bridge" making it a "later war" boat. That bridge is also more "streamlined" than the one found on the "early war" boats.

The model should have twin props and twin rudders: if you're not sure which "version" you have -- go to a hobby shop nearby and compare it with the Revell 1/72 E-Boat kit....

Your model is a bit too large to be 1/35 scale but works out about "right" (lengthwise) in 1/32. Or it's so close it makes no nevermind.....

Regardless, its one of my favourite boats! I have a 61" Armed trawler on the bench that it would just (love to attack ....

Boats like the one represented by your model were very successful against allied shipping in the English Channel and North Sea until a good portion of their flotillas were tranferred to "The Med" where they also made quite a name for themselves.

(It just occurred to me that you may in fact have the "older" company's model --as 32nd Parallel sold their "kit" version with a vacuformed plastic bridge.....)

If you'd like to know more about the "real" E-Boats (or Schnellboots), send me a PM...!

Paul.