Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

Pittman 3700 motor question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

Pittman 3700 motor question

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 11:22 PM
boat_builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pittman 3700 motor question

First off, Hello to everyone here. This is my first post here on this forum and if it's in the wrong place, please forgive me. Now, on to the good stuff...........

Can anyone tell me where I can get a couple of the 3700 series Pitman motors that are widely used for the Mr. Darby Tug and the motor mounts? Where can I get them and what is the cost of these motors each? I have seen them from Harbor models, but I dont need the running harware as well, I just need the motors and mounts. I have a 48" inland water way Tow Boat (barge pusher) that I have built from scratch that needs a couple of monster motors. The boat has 50lbs. of balast not including batteries and other RC gear and running hardware (70-80lbs. roughly total). I am currently using 2 Pittman 9000 series motors direct drive on 12 volts with twin 2.5" screws but they dont seem to be as big and powerful as the 3700 series motors I've been hearing about. The boat I've built is very nice and I have spend probably a couple hundred hrs on building it, but it just doesnt have the power I want it to have. Any info on where to find a couple of the 3700 series Pittmans and mounts would greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks - Ben [email protected]