Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

"American Enterprise" (Dumas)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

"American Enterprise" (Dumas)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 07:45 PM
dwimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RE:

In the above post, I meant to say the cabin on my Enterprise is ready and the hull is waiting for fiberglass.
Didn't mead to apply my cabin (I do live in a cabin) was waiting for glassing. LOL
Old 03-22-2010, 09:51 PM
flyboy4422

Im buying a boat already built,just missing some of the running gear.I am building the dauntless as I am writing this so i can understand the great instructions your reading while building the enterprise.I bought the enterprise fully built for $150.00 with some other stuff from a guy in battleground washington.I will try to post some pics when I start doing some upgrade repairs on her.Im an avid Large Model plane builder and the Dauntless is no easy chore to build and Im sure the enterprise isnt either.[:@]
Old 03-31-2010, 12:02 AM
justintime2w8
My Feedback: (1)

Hey I am getting ready to buy the kit, anyone have one they want to sell, kit or partly built?
Old 04-10-2010, 04:44 AM
justintime2w8

Default RE:

Well started the kit, you guys were not kidding, tough instructions.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:45 AM
justintime2w8

Here
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83214.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	1415318  
Old 06-12-2010, 02:37 PM
flyboy4422

Default RE:

HI,Im revamping a enterprise that I bought for $75.00.The owner did a poor job of painting and finish work,didnt even finish the deck before painting & looked like a rush job.Its never seen the water yet ,before I got it.Ive got a pair of Johnson electric motors for it off Ebay,and trying to scratch build the sides for it.I suspect he was trying to build it into a fire boat from the stuff that was included with it.It was painted blue with house enamel,he left off the spray rails & didnt get the shafts straight.Having to spend hrs redoing all the basic stuff first before moving on.I will post pics as i get closer to being done.Im also building a Dauntless with some Johnson 900's for power and a 12vlead acid battery,only have the skeleton done and will start planking soon
Old 12-12-2010, 05:36 PM
flyboy4422

I finally have pics posted on here in the Dock talk section under the Tualatin Tree lighting 2010,Mine is the K Kringle Enterprise towing my barge with it fully lit.Has a working radar with Achmed driving it.I found an ornament just the right size for the cabin.Not bad for a boat that was poorly constructed,had to take apart each deck and rebuild it.It is quite fast for its size,it has a pair of Johnson 700's for power.The people I was with was impressed with it so I thought I would at least show it to you