Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Scale Boating
Reload this Page >

R/C Lathe Motors

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Boating Enjoy rc scale boating? Talk about it here.

R/C Lathe Motors

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default R/C Lathe Motors

Has anyone ever used a lathe motor in a scale boat?I'm mainly interested in using it in a Shelly Foss 36"with twin screws,with korts.The motors are 540 size so getting mounts and other motor accessories is no problem.I saw that some people used them in their r/c rock crawlers.Which motor could be used without gearing or is one too high and the others too low rpm or are these motors not a good choice.Trying to avoid gearing.What rpm is ideal for a tug this size?
http://www.integy.com/cgi-bin/webc....-22108599989.39
45T-5400 rpm
55T-1440 rpm
65T-1100 rpm
Old 08-21-2008, 12:49 PM
jwrape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R/C Lathe Motors

I'd be interested in seeing if anyone has used these as well. I have MANY rock crawlers that i have built using these 55T and 65T Lathe Motors madeby Integy. They are VERY slow and i geared them down even slower for my applications but I am building a pulling boat much like a Tug and was wondering if someone had used one of these motors before as well.
I'm rebuilding this amusement RC to be a cooler puller on the lake while we are out.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:38 PM
patmat

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a whole thread going on this at The Other Forum Which Shall Not Be Named, with KV values and everything! Can't link here, but just try Googling integy lathe motors, it's near the top.
Note that if you want to use 12v, the speeds are different from what Integy lists.

Oh and yes, many are using them in scale boats.

PM
Old 08-22-2008, 06:44 AM
jwrape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome, Gonna have to use them now. They are by far the best all around motors I have used, but I am partial to them being that I have them in all my crawlers