Search
Notices
RC Submarines RC submarine discussions.

Mineature Hydraulics How It Works

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mineature Hydraulics How It Works

First a video on the basic operation,notice the smothe operation and very strong can easily lift a 8 amph batery,totaly proportional.
A ESC or reversing switch on one chanel is all that is needed,the bottoming of the syringes keeps the other from moveing ,no pressure switches excetra neded,very simple and totaly adjustable.
Can be in the wet or dry and very cheap,you won't believe what the fluid is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F3FSeamf1c
Old 11-25-2010, 10:16 PM

Default RE: Mineature Hydraulics How It Works

The best performance is with an ESC that has equal range in both directions,very smothe and extreamly slow operation can be obtained or fast as needed.
The pistons bottom out preventing any further movement can be adjusted by just how much throw one needs it can be a cm to a full huge syringe just add or subtract the fluid with one bottomed out,it will always return to exactly the same point no matter how long the stick is comanding it to go on.The pump just allows for blow by and no harm to the pump or lines since the pressure is in the negative on the bootom side,so silicone lines can be used with barbs,I add a small ring barb with a dremel on each tip,this adds a grip for the tube.

For long runs of tubbing I use Versa tubbing it is aluminum aircraft grade tubbing that is very flexable ,light and easy to handle and cheap.

You bet the possibilities are endless hear for even air cylinders can be used as long as they do not leak or very compact and well made Lego air cylinders imperviuse to water.

Also it is totaly sealed so that no contamination will ever enter.

Try it do as I did with an ESC and you will see just how nice this sytem works.

A note the smallest one cm syringes do not work ,only the next larger ones.

Also the Peanut oil and animal fat works the smoothest,tried just Peanut Oil and was not as smooth.

From doors,masts,hydraulic arms,folding wings,control planes the possibilities are now obtainable with this the ultimate linear servo.

Dave
Old 11-25-2010, 10:20 PM

Default RE: Mineature Hydraulics How It Works

A video of my Type XXI useing the above system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdkzTfXt5-o