Notices
RC Submarines RC submarine discussions.

what do we have vii sub and hercules wood boat

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 06:10 PM
smj21063

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do we have vii sub and hercules wood boat

Hello Captains, My girlfriends grandpa was a big RC hobbyist and she was given two items that we don't know nothing about. We hope to get some help with understanding what we have ( value, parts needed, appx cost to finish his work). This is our first contact with enthusiast and we plan on getting detailed pics up soon. What I can tellyou we have from what we can tell is:
1: a 1/32 german submarineVll manuf- 32 parallel bought around 1983 written on some paper was kit 269.00
this sub is mostly put together but inner workings not connected prop rudders trim tabs.
lot of paperwork with including assembly instruction ( pics soon if we get some replies )

2: best guess is a 1/32 ( based on size of sub above) wooden boat with name hercules on side of bridge wing. it is totally put together
except rudder and prop connections in hull.It is a steam engine seems all parts in boiler are good . says not to exceed 80cc? of alcohol
guess it burns alcohol to heat water in boiler. im kinda interested because i work on safety relief valves and this boat has 2 of them
this one i have no clue of manufacturer or year will get pics soon

so if anyone can help us out we would appreciate it. Were not sure to keep them or sell or trade

Old 08-02-2013, 06:53 AM
subsinker
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what do we have vii sub and hercules wood boat

Hi,

The sub sounds like a 32nd parallel kit. They are now out of business I believe. The tugboat sounds like it may be a Saito. They are still in business.

What exactly is your question(s) about them?

Pete